Bad Bearing Rod

wiliekyot

Jun 3, 2015
I have a 2001 GT Mustang V8 4.6. I have a rod bearing that is bad. I am planning on doing an engine swap. Or should I repair the bearing rod?

When pulling the engine is it pulled from the top or does it drop from the bottom?

Where can I get a good used engine from at a reasonable price?

Can I drop a Bullitt engine as a replacement?

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2001 GT Mustang V8 4.6. I have a rod bearing that is bad. I am planning on doing an engine swap. Or should I repair the bearing rod? Either works, depends on your personal mechanical ability or the size of your check book to pay someone to do it for you.

When pulling the engine is it pulled from the top or does it drop from the bottom? It can come out both ways. Top is usually best if you don't have a lift or fork lift to get the car over the engine and K member assembly.

Where can I get a good used engine from at a reasonable price? Local Pick an pull. Explorer/Mountainer motors are mostly the same (Aluminum block instead of iron) and usually can be had cheaper.

Can I drop a Bullitt engine as a replacement? Yes. It only has a different Intake, otherwise the same.

Thanks,

Answers in red. Good Luck