bad times ahead

mr-mike

Jul 9, 2006
ford like the other guys is doing real bad what will happen if most of the dealerships go belly up , your warranty will be worth nothing the wait to get a repair will be months long ! you will be sent to a dealership far away like real far ! if you decide you cant make the trip you will be given a date of who knows how long ? there is no recourse you will be able take , its going to really suck if you buy a new car or truck , its sad

• Sponsors (?)

Meh...Ford has enough $$$ to last through the end of next year. Its GM thats in trouble...they are struggling to make it just to the end of the year.

I think it would help if Obama would abandon his idea to increase the taxes on "those who can afford it" ...otherwise you will be seeing alot more of the big corps going down next year. Building the economy from the bottom us is Bull and doesnt work...its the big boys who give us jobs. I dont need $500 a year that bad, especially when it could be at the expense of my job LOL.

I would rather get that $500 in bonuses at work, that will now go to paying the extra millions my company will be spending on taxes.

Meh...Ford has enough $$$ to last through the end of next year. Its GM thats in trouble...they are struggling to make it just to the end of the year.

I think it would help if Obama would abandon his idea to increase the taxes on "those who can afford it" ...otherwise you will be seeing alot more of the big corps going down next year. Building the economy from the bottom us is Bull and doesnt work...its the big boys who give us jobs. I dont need $500 a year that bad, especially when it could be at the expense of my job LOL.

I would rather get that $500 in bonuses at work, that will now go to paying the extra millions my company will be spending on taxes.

:nice: I couldnt agree with you more :)

Yea, really. Too bad america as a whole is really quick to just point fingers and say "well that didnt work, obviously we need the opposite". America itself got all of us into this mess. Whoever thought an ARM or "interest-only" mortgage was a good idea is an idiot. Maybe the ARM you could get away with...but interest only!?

Working in the automotive field myself, I see the pinch people are in, and hence I feel it myself. Everyone wants something cheaper, or free. I end up doing **** for free all the time; but dealerships are theives?

Anyway as for the original topic, MOST of us already have an expired warranty anyway and besides that nobody is touching my car besides me with the exception of a body shop or painter. Long as we can get parts, us enthusiasts should be perfectly fine. Want a warranty? Get an extended one, any shop will take that.

I got an extended warranty on mine and I can take to any shop I choose....But its at Ford now and has been there for just over a week now,new rack and pinion,ring and pinion,amp replaced and few small things saving me over $2k.:)

As for ford going belly up, I dont see it happening....Chrysler and GM I can see that happening to....I see Ford being the auto industry....:D....:shrug:

Its gonna be like that movie Demolition Man: all stores will be WalMart,cars:Ford, and all restaraunts will be Mickey D's.....hmmm....maybe it will just all be called Microsoft in the end....:rlaugh:

:bs:

Dealerships go under because they can't sell cars. People still need and want to buy ford vehicles, so they will simply go to the next nearest Ford dealer, giving them more business than they would otherwise have. The remaining dealerships will survive well enough.
Ford is in the best position of the big 3 companies. I read earlier that they took out loans when they saw the economic forcasts and they can operate for another 12 months under these conditions.
GM is in the worst position. I don't see any of the big 3 disappearing. They will simply file for chapter 11 bankruptcy and try to rebuild the company.