Bassani Exhaust Question

Nov 17, 2016
I have a 2002 mustang GT with a livernois 298 stroker short block with a supercharger and many other aftermarket parts under the hood, I currently have a full bassani exhaust. Headers, X pipe with cats with the quiet thunder cat back. The car sounds good and is pretty loud but just not quite loud enough for me. would my best bet to get more sound just replace the X pipe with an O/R one by bassani? I'd rather not spend a ton of money either. Wondering if anyone has a bassani system like this with the O/R X pipe? I don't have to worry about emissions either where I live. Any advice would be great.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

Let me move your thread over to the '96-'04 general talk section. You'll get fellow edge owners to chime in there with their thoughts.

Good to have you with us.

Post a picture of your mustang btw, I'd love to see it.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
You need to hole on to that Quiet Thunder as long as you can. It's not made anymore and it's one of the best made.

If you want more noise, build more motor.

I run the Quiet Thunder on my Fox and it's was transferred over to my new motor when completed. It's not nearly as quiet as it was on the stock motor.

You need to hole on to that Quiet Thunder as long as you can. It's not made anymore and it's one of the best made.

I run the Quiet Thunder on my Fox and it's was transferred over to my new motor when completed. It's not nearly as quiet as it was on the stock motor.
It makes 472hp to the wheels on a mustang dyno so I'm good with the horsepower right. More motor done the road maybe.

Welcome to stangnet.

Let me move your thread over to the '96-'04 general talk section. You'll get fellow edge owners to chime in there with their thoughts.

Good to have you with us.

Post a picture of your mustang btw, I'd love to see it.

I run the Quiet Thunder on my Fox and it's was transferred over to my new motor when completed. It's not nearly as quiet as it was on the stock motor.[/QUOTE

Just wondering if many people run an O/R X pipe and how do they find it

I don't, but I can relate this much...

In the early days of owning my '03 GT, before I started the few mods it has, I heard this one guy's 2001 GT one night at a cruise-in. To me, it sounded like it was cammed. Wonderful sound IMO. I asked the owner if it was and he said no...he was only running full Bassani exhaust. Headers, off-road X, and cat-back.

THAT was what convinced me to get the Bassani cat-back for my '03. It sounded powerful and aggressive without being obnoxious.