Bassett Wheels On Fox..

AidenAndrew

Aug 20, 2015
Here is my 89 notchback with:

Fronts: 15x8 Bassett rims (5 inch backspace), 235/60/15 BFG radial TA.
Rear: 15x8 Bassett rims (5 inch backspace), 255/60/15 BFG radial TA.

These wheels are not exactly popular on Fox's (there is only ONE other pic of Bassett wheels on a fox as far as I know). But for the odd few who have wondered what it'd look like (and more than just one has asked)
IMG-20150827-WA0001.jpg
here are some install notes in case anyones interested:

Rears:
- do not stick out, though would probably hit fender lip over a heavy bump.
- small raised lip on brake drum bore had to be machined off as otherwise, wheel would not mount flush with drum.

Fronts:
- sticks out a tiny bit. Of ALL the rim size/backspace options offered for this wheel, this is the closest I could keep from sticking out past the fender lips. I should have at least gone with 225/60/15 tires and 15x7's though it would have still barely stuck out. Shorter A arms would be ideal.
- front brake pad backing plate had to be grinded (around the hole where the calliper bolt goes through).

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Narrowed the fronts (professionally) to give better calliper clearance. Now fronts are 15x7 with 225/60's. Hard to tell from earlier pic, but previous fronts gave a 4x4 look.. Much better stance now, tires stick out less
20150918_190337.jpg

Last edited:
200$ to narrow the pair. Their balancer did not have a proper lug centric adapter, but they tried and no vibration issues so far. Runout on the wheels was around .03 to .045 either way, so I am happy with the job.

Here is my 89 notchback with:

Fronts: 15x8 Bassett rims (5 inch backspace), 235/60/15 BFG radial TA.
Rear: 15x8 Bassett rims (5 inch backspace), 255/60/15 BFG radial TA.

These wheels are not exactly popular on Fox's (there is only ONE other pic of Bassett wheels on a fox as far as I know). But for the odd few who have wondered what it'd look like (and more than just one has asked)
IMG-20150827-WA0001.jpg
here are some install notes in case anyones interested:

Rears:
- do not stick out, though would probably hit fender lip over a heavy bump.
- small raised lip on brake drum bore had to be machined off as otherwise, wheel would not mount flush with drum.

Fronts:
- sticks out a tiny bit. Of ALL the rim size/backspace options offered for this wheel, this is the closest I could keep from sticking out past the fender lips. I should have at least gone with 225/60/15 tires and 15x7's though it would have still barely stuck out. Shorter A arms would be ideal.
- front brake pad backing plate had to be grinded (around the hole where the calliper bolt goes through).
Hey i'm new, and i'm really excited someone else likes this look. I was going to get the same set up with the refined front wheels, but i'm curious about what you had to machine off the back? That would be really helpful or if there was a different wheel i should get to avoid that.