Battles Of The Body Styles (4.6's and early 5.0 verus 99-04)

Which body style do you like the best?

• Total voters
Either way, I think Ford did a hell of a job placing these body styles on top of the fox platform. I'm naturally partial to the 96-98, with the Cobra's version of the nostriled hood and round fog lights tops of the list. The Mach's, bullitts and 03/04 Cobras are a close second for me, with the 99/00 way behind - not fond of the hood, front bumper and rear spoiler.

• Sponsors (?)

someone said the 99-04 is too boxy. well, it is a more boxy body style which is why i like it the best. it is very aggressive looking.

i really liked how the 99-04 mustangs went with with a boxy style because everything else is going rounded. it is different and makes it stick out on the road. ( 350z, audi tt, altima, maxima, all those suv's from infinity and nissan, lightnings had a roundish look, gto, 3000gt, supra, all the new bmw's, and g35.

i do like the 98 cobras though, almost bought one.

GitDat said:
What's the difference between the 99-00 GT's and the 01-04 GT's?
99-00 had the inverted hood scoop (like v6's except the 35th ann. edition), also had the rear spoiler that came down to the trunk lid on each side. and i think the side scoops were a little different in 99-00, seems like they were more open.

GDawg said:
Like someone said early on in this thread, there are nice looking ones and ugly ones in either style. At first I didn't like the 99+ cause I thought they looked generic. But I didn't really like the look of the 94-98s either in the beginning. Most people like the style of the car they own so they don't feel bad about owning it.

They all look nice if you put a little time into them. I hate seeing a sweet 94-98 with a killer engine and wheels but have those faded yellowed headlights. Or a primo 99+ with all sorts of stuff sitting three feet up from the ground or with 16" wheels. Put some time into your pony and it will be sweet. No matter what year it is. It's not a body style but instead an attitude. :nice:

Sadly, im one of them ;[ My car looks so sweet from a distance minus the engine ;] ... till you get on it and see the faded stock lights. My plans are to get a catted midpipe and mgw before the lights lol :nono: But ya bud your correct about putting sweat and time in it that stang could look nice. Before i got my stang i wanted a 99+ so badly it wasnt even funny. My friend got a 01GT and i got a 97GT and the thing he likes about mine is its 5spd and the thing i love about his is the loudness with just a stock midpipe and SLP catback.

GitDat said:
What's the difference between the 99-00 GT's and the 01-04 GT's?

Major differences are different spoilers, scoops, smoked headlights, different wheels (all which can be easily added to the 99-00) plus the 01+ has the 6-disk changer and a more attractive center console setup IMHO

Here's a 2000 GT

mustang_side.jpg

Here's a 2002 GT
r181429.jpg

BLK_ROUSH said:
Well of my twins ... the older one gets all the love.:nice:
I prefer stock 94-98s over stock 99-04.
sallyandcallya36nv.jpg

I plan on putting a heat extractor hood like that on soon. Is that a Saleen hood or a knock off? I notice it still has the "nostrils" and most knock offs don't. I like your ground effects too. What's the rear look like? Where'd you get them from? (If you don't mind me asking) :nice:

More pics please... :SNSign:

Attachments

• sallyandcallya36nv.jpg
    sallyandcallya36nv.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 49