Best Front End Upgrade

dogdoc

Mar 13, 2014
Florida
I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but if it isn't let me know. Just signed up to this forum. The car in question is a 1967 fastback that has been restomoded. 1998 32v 4.6l motor. Aluminum block. Shock towers shaved slightly to accommodate the motor but spring seats still intact. Rear end from same 98 mustang. rack and pinion (slightly modified) and steering wheel and shaft from same. tremec 5 replaced 4 speed. 4 wheel discs. Standard leaf springs in back. Basically this all works pretty well but the steering and front suspension need improvement. Any ideas. Coil over from TCP or ? seems like best suspension but is there a steering adaption that is best. Remember my motor really fills the engine bay and working the steering shaft to the rack was interesting. Header change might help since long collectors kinda bind things a bit. Anyway any thoughts or suggestions would be grand. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i agree with the borgeson steering unit. its compact and works better with the mustang steering geometry. things you can do to improve things are the basics, shelby drop, better springs, roller spring perch, spherical bearing in the lower control arm along with adjustable strut rods, and 1" front sway bar. after that get the alignment right, i like +3 caster, 0 camber, and 1/16 toe in.

plan on new upper and lower tubular rigid control arms.Got the sway bar already.will check out steering unit but really like the control from the rack and pinion. Sorry boot is off in pic. First pic is now. Second is during the 15 years of building this thing. How about rear. Just better springs? Not IRS. Not racing this just having fun with it but want to make it better.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    607.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC02744.JPG
    DSC02744.JPG
    561.7 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000249.JPG
    P1000249.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 177