big guy in a little mustang possible?

biggerthenmost

Aug 14, 2008
Hey folks,

I know this is going to get some laughs, go ahead let it out now.

I'm in the market for a new car and I have always wanted a mustang. I, however, am a little bigger then normal people that would want to buy a mustang. I weigh 350lbs and I am 6'1 or so. I am worried that I will either be too uncomfortable for the mustang or I might not fit at all. But I'm kind of embarrassed to go test drive one because of being humiliated if I can't fit :) I'm looking at the new 2009 GT prem I guess.
If you think I can, what do you think I can get them down to when negotiating from the MSRP price? I am in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Thanks a lot

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

im 6-1 and 240, the only problem i have with the newer mustangs is that the top of my head will sometimes rub the top. This is when i drive my bosses wifes car so i dont get to wild with moving the seat, there may be an adjustment to give me more headroom.

You'll fit. I am 6'7" & 240. The Mustang is one of the only cars I have tested, that I truly fit. My wife and I used to fight over the center armrest in our previous car, this is no longer a problem. Trust me, this car is big, I have sat in many cars trying to find one that fits. You will have to move the seat around, but it does go up and down, as well as back and forth, recline, and base angle adjustment. That last one is key and allows my 37 inch inseem and size 14 foot to fully extend. It is soooo comfortable, never felt anything like it. :nice:

Chris,
I'm not exactly small myself @ 250lbs and there's plenty of room...the only thing you should do is have a friend check to see if the car leans to the left a bit when you're in it...it shouldn't because of the stiffer suspension, etc.,...but do have a friend check from the rear to see if that happens...a Stang slightly tilted to the left going down the road looks a bit strange...just something to think about.

My fiance's dad is a big guy. He fits. I'm sure he's not fully comfortable, but he's never complained. He races it all the time. I'd put him at about 350. (Luckily my fiance didn't inherit that lol).

So I think you get the point that there are quite a few of us "biguns" that fit just fine. I am not the only one that I know of that thinks these are not the most cushy seats for long hauls though.

There's plenty of room inside the car, my biggest problem is getting into it. I'm use to trucks, with the stang, you have to step down into it, where as with a truck, you climb up into it. I'm only 5'7" and 200lb's, but I am 49 now and have to bend some to get in. However once inside it's fine. The cockpit wraps around you to give you the feeling of full control of the car sorta like a fighter pilot. With the wheel in one hand and the shifter in the other you sit low to the ground to give the confidince that you can take on the road and the world. The mustang has come a long way in the way the interior is layed out and adjusted to the driver. Not only will you fit, but you will feel in full control of the car and the power at your right foot to give you a gradifing driving experience. I ought to write ford mustang comercials ha ha.

Hi guys, i know it an old post but....im new and nit new with mustang. Ive beed a fan fir a long time but never owened one. My car was crashed by a woman thinking i had a stop and i didnt. So i might be getting a 2000/2002 auto v6. But in the feel of thus thread, im 6f tall and weigh about 340. Will it be ok?

Hi guys, i know it an old post but....im new and nit new with mustang. Ive beed a fan fir a long time but never owened one. My car was crashed by a woman thinking i had a stop and i didnt. So i might be getting a 2000/2002 auto v6. But in the feel of thus thread, im 6f tall and weigh about 340. Will it be ok?

Not in a New Edge (99-04), you wont!

Reactions: 1 user