Blower Upgrade Path For 07 Gt - Need Input On Tires And Other Parts

metroplex

Sep 7, 2003
SE MI
My 2007 GT manual still has the original factory Pirelli's (235/55R17) with the original 17" Bullitt wheels. I was thinking of eventually doing a blower install.

Will I need a new clutch and flywheel? I'm thinking twin-disc clutch? Any recommended brands?

Should I upgrade the front brakes to Brembos? They are still the stock sliding 2-piston calipers.

I have the stock exhaust manifolds, but mated to the Pypes O/R X-pipe and FR500S mufflers which sounds totally awesome with zero drone. Do I need shorty or long-tubes? I'm thinking with the blower that the stock logs should be sufficient.

The tires are 10 years old at this point, and it got me thinking of either going to 245 wide Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 17" wheels. But will these provide enough traction for a blower? The GT500 came with 285s in the back but these might be too wide for the stock wheels. I looked at some wheel upgrades, and saw some staggered setups with 255s in the front and 285s in the back. Should I just go with new 19x8.5/19x10 wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255/285 staggered setups?

The car is mostly driven on the street and for cruises/meets, with some drag racing and the random road course race.

• Sponsors (?)