Blown65, Hows the project??

• Sponsors (?)

Getting close to getting the motor back together. All the parts are back from the machine shop, just waiting on a few small parts. Maybe by week end it will be much closer, at least to the point of ordering the pushrods it needs. :)

Cage is in and ready though. Interior is at the shop getting done also. Lots of hrs after work soon for me.

Cool. I'm selling my carb and going EFI. Just wanted something a little more reliable on the street and the Fast XFI is such a nice piece I couldn't resist anymore. LOL Plus the safety of it auto correcting for A/F on a blown deal is kinda piece of mind.

Still a good month away though, but I'm in no hurry. Last build on this car, just going to enjoy it from here on out.

Got quite a bit done today, most all the interior is back in except for the passenger side where some wiring has to run to the trunk. Fuel cell and fuel pump in, gotta get some rubber or something for isolating the pump but for now its fine.

Few pics, ignore the mess of battery wiring and interior wiring, haven't got to that point yet.

fuelcell65.jpg

fuelpump.jpg

interior65.jpg

Looking good! I have got to get off my but and tear my heads off to fix the gasket. Doing it wendsday. told the old lady to be a slave driver.. You have any idea when you will make it to the track?

On another note, i bought a new daily driver.
Let the hate mail began. lol
07 Z51
Pretty damn fun to say the least.

Attachments

• 07 vette.jpg
    07 vette.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 142
Powder coated intake and valve covers?

Looks awesome! :nice:

Yup, they are powdercoated. Really glad I did the intake, after getting the wiring in for the EFI and the fabric jacketing it really made it all disappear.

annodized the fuel rails and other parts black along with all the fuel fittings etc etc. Probably do the discharge tube but not sure, its stainless so no worries rusting anyhow.

Yup, they are powdercoated. Really glad I did the intake, after getting the wiring in for the EFI and the fabric jacketing it really made it all disappear.

annodized the fuel rails and other parts black along with all the fuel fittings etc etc. Probably do the discharge tube but not sure, its stainless so no worries rusting anyhow.

That may be true but a set that were done wrong, would stick out like a sore thumb. THAT'S what got my attention. Great job! :nice:

An off-the-cuff suggestion? Powder coat that preesure pipe that holds your BOV to tie it all in.

That may be true but a set that were done wrong, would stick out like a sore thumb. THAT'S what got my attention. Great job! :nice:

An off-the-cuff suggestion? Powder coat that preesure pipe that holds your BOV to tie it all in.

Ya, that's the plan, just trying to get it all together for the 16th of this month. Last track day here and want to make a few easy passes to check the tuning. If its all good I might make a full pass, but mostly just 330-1/8 mile stuff.