Bogging Down around 2500 RPMS

BlackwidowV6

Aug 15, 2005
I'll start off by apologizing if this question has already been answered, before you jump on me for that, know that I did attempt to search for it.

My Mustang has been, how shall we say, hulking lately. Just seems to have lost a lot of the Pep it used to have. I'm not sure if the new car feeling has just worn off (I got the car in July)... but It's been seeming slower.

When I get on the car it does fine right about until 2500-3000RPMs, and then It seems to bog down. I had talked to a few friends who were more mechanically gifted and they said it could be an exhaust leak and to see if I could hear any odd sounds coming from the exhaust. When Idling there is a slight, whining noise almost, a faint whisping. So I determined it was probably an exhaust leak. I was talking about it to another friend when he told me that It could infact be the fuel pump. I'm lost on all of it really as I enjoy cars, but am not particularly, mechanical.
Any thoughts or Idea's would be greatly appreciated.

By the way my car is a 2000 5-spd V6 Mustang completely stock except for the GT Take-off Dual Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)