Bogging Down

forrest hart

Nov 15, 2014
I have a 2000 gt. When getting on it continues to bog down and won't get up and go like it should. I've replaced the idle air control valve and the tps sensor. I've replaced 2 of the coil packs about a month ago since they were bad. Any ideas what it causing this?

• Sponsors (?)

tps and iac have no effect on WOT or acceleration

without more detail its impossible to diagnose, what all have you done to figure out the cause?

you need to first find out if its a fuel or spark issue, does it pop any or backfire?

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

It could also be misfiring. How does it idle (its easier to tell if you're in the car)?

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

It could also be misfiring. How does it idle (its easier to tell if you're in the car)?
I bought one to change it out. I have only had car for like 3 months. So I don't know last time it was changed. When I bought it was misfiring and I found 2 bad coil packs. I replaced those and the plugs and it fixed issue. It would idle fine until it was warmed up then it would almost die upon stopping too fast. So I changed the idle air control valve and the tps sensor. It seemed to fix that issue at first then after driving about 50 miles it died on my coming to stop.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and attach it to your schrader valve, then watch the pressure as you lean into the throttle. If you are losing pressure then it could be a failing fuel pump. I believe the pressure should be maintained around 40psi. The fuel filter is a good idea and really one of the easiest maintenance items you can change regularly. Bad fuel could do it as well.

Good Luck!