Boost Question

• Sponsors (?)

As much as you can until it flies apart.:D

In all seriousness though, what system are you running/looking to get. It's all about the tune, more boost less timing, less boost more timing. Etc etc.

16 or so psi usually doubles the engine output minus losses. 10 psi is usually "safe"

Running a k/b 2.1 on it just don't want to fall in the borrowed time category read alot of post about a high compression motor running on borrowed time with boost I would like to get as much as I can without tearing it up. what would ideal compression be for a boosted engine

Good question. Cyote motors are boosted from the factory all day long, 11-1 compression..... I run 9.3-1 in my boosted car.

The more static compression you have the less boost/timing you need to run to make the same amount of power. It's all a tradeoff ,IMHO keep the boost low the timing moderate with high compression make same power.

Also wanting to get so better heads than the stock pi heads looking at the twisted wedge ones but not sure what cc would be best and want some more aggressive cams without piston interference or getting the piston cut any suggestions would be greatly appreciated oh yea this car is my daily driver thanks ahead of time