Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
Since I finished (finished-HA!) my son's car I've been pretty much piddling in the shop with minor projects and have been enjoying no pressing need to finish something. What a great feeling. Sooo, I decided to start this thead to throw random project posts into. You're welcome!:D

Ok, so my car has been sitting for months while I finished the blue car, I decided to give it some attention. It's been suffering from fouled plugs (I suspected) after a fueling issue I've resolved, but haven't swapped out plugs, because frankly, I've been burned out from the blue car, and plugs in this thing are a PITA.

Well, the plugs are in, and I'm going back together with it so I thought I'd document it for those that may be interested.

image.jpeg

If there's one thing that's important on a turbo car, it's insulating things to keep the heat where it belongs. I've wrapped my hot piping, but it's all been in and out so many times the wrap is getting frazzled and is about ready to be redone. Not today, though. What I am going to do is insulate those two shiny fuel lines while I have things apart because if you can't tell, they've been awful friendly with that header.

This is what I'm using.
image.jpeg

This is some dei sleeve insulation I picked up at oreilly. I'm going to split it and fasten it with these stainless "header wrap ties".. I've used a lot of these.. FYI @90sickfox - don't buy these from summit or oreilly. You can pick them up at home depot for literally half the cost in the electric section.

Here, wrap installed. I'll get more pics up in a few..
image.jpeg

On this car with all of the hurdles I've definitely taken a function over form position on aesthetics. One day, I'll have it all hammered out and pretty.. But for now, I just want to drive it- and most importantly, run right, which has been a chore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Down pipe back in place..
image.jpeg

Charge pipe, catch can, hose and filters.
image.jpeg

Yay!

Now for lunch. Hmmmm.

Reactions: 4 users
On a different note... I wish it would stop raining. A few more inches and it'll be in the house. This is bad.
image.jpeg

It's gone down this morning. We had to move all the cars and trucks to high ground. Fortunately it didn't get in the house. I'm about done with rain. Ready for it to dry out.
We're getting rain all week long here too, today is just beautiful though, sun is out, be in the eighties, just beautiful.

Not rain like yours though, we're going to have maybe a couple inches for the whole week.

Glad it's receding a bit for you man.

Reactions: 1 user
You can see the grass line on the gravel where it got to over here.
image.jpeg

I'm definitely going to be contacting the drainage district about my neighborhood drainage under storm conditions. Not cool.

I was going to test drive the stang this morning, dead batt.

So... The charger is on her for a while.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
This rain sucks. Glad it went down.

I've been searching for cheap heat wrap. Explorers have nice braided insulation on the egr pipes....ford focus' have long lengths on the ac lines, and some of the newer Malibu's have a snap on heat shield wrap that goes around the rack and pinion....fits a starter well.[emoji106]

I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can raid a junk yard....seems like its been raining since march. Smh

Reactions: 3 users
Well the spark plugs still didn't do the trick. She was still a little down on power. I pulled back in the shop and noticed a little noise from a valve cover.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ordered new parts.. And a better set of guide plates. They don't ship until the 31st, so I have to be patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Well the spark plugs syill didn't fo the trick. She was still a little down on power. I pulled back in the shop and noticed a little noise from a valve cover.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ordered new parts.. And a better set of guide plates. They don't ship until the 31st, so I have to be patient.
Dammit man. On the bright side it could have been worse. I'm going to assume that the guide plates were not hardened?

Dammit man. On the bright side it could have been worse. I'm going to assume that the guide plates were not hardened?

They appeared to be hardened. I wasn't crazy about the alignment of the slots vs the rocker stud and the lifter. Ordered some lunatis. Hopefully they're ok.