Boosted's Project For The Day Thread

My optima has been a trooper. It has gone sometimes a year without being turned over and that battery still fires the engine in the first try.

Obsolete anti-cop gear aside.

Like I said, I'm going to get this thing up and going and cross my fingers and toes that it acts right. I may have to put a switch inline to powerdown that module.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That's a great intake, no doubt, but at 500hp and forced induction an elbow would be my choice. 500hp stroker sure keep the plenum.

So... Your saying it would be a good intake for a warmed up explorer motor? lol :)

It may be for sale soon. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks man, I'll start stashing mod money from the wife :D

Can't you just unplug the device?

Well, it's hardwired into a 12v scource on one end and does plug into the side of the device, but it's one of those pita telephone jack style connectors that doesn't lend itself well to constantly removing/attaching. An inline rocker switch would be a better deal.

Well, I went back to work Thursday after almost 8 weeks of soaking up air conditioning. Things were so busy I worked 12 hour days Thursday and Friday, thank goodness I got the weekend off to regroup. Let's just say I didn't go back in hydrated enough. Most of the day Saturday I spent chewing ibuprofen and guzzling water. Sunday, the wife decides she wants chainlink fence up for her dog. So, off to Lowes we go. On the way, the truck starts to act up.. seems like transmission. (That's another story) I convince the wife if we need to fix that, we shouldn't blow money on fence now, so we turn around and drive 14 miles back home. as soon as I get home, my son calls. He's over in the next town where Lowe's is.. With missing lug nuts on his fox. It seems he wound up with straight shank nuts vs acorn style that he needed and his wheel came loose. Don't ask. That's another story. So, I hop in the new 5.0 and go rescue him. I get home, and shower up only to have the wife yell at me to come out side. "OMG ALLEN MY CAR IS LEAKING SOMETHING!"

image.png

What the??? It's not rear ac oil...

So after searching I finally find out what's up. She tried to stash the evidence while I was going to find my phone..
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
:doh:

Sooo... No Mustang stuff this weekend.

I need a glass of water.

Reactions: 5 users
Ugh. This was a twelve pack. For those of you that don't know, Dr Peoper is the worlds most volatile soft drink. You can set them all in the sun and the DP pops first every time. I've told her this..

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh. This was a twelve pack. For those of you that don't know, Dr Peoper is the worlds most volatile soft drink. You can set them all in the sun and the DP pops first every time. I've told her this..
When I was in high school I forgot a couple cans in the back seat of my car. They blew up all over. Thank god for 80's vinyl lol. Carpet...not so much...;)

At least the car wasn't broke and costing you money/time. Did the boy wallow out the wheel? And stay away from alcohol while recovering from the heat. Especially if using pain relievers.

When I was in high school I forgot a couple cans in the back seat of my car. They blew up all over. Thank god for 80's vinyl lol. Carpet...not so much...;)

At least the car wasn't broke and costing you money/time. Did the boy wallow out the wheel? And stay away from alcohol while recovering from the heat. Especially if using pain relievers.

He tore it up a little bit. We ran down the road to AZ and bought some acorn nuts. They held it in place ok. I had him drive home and we checked it. Still tight. The bad news, one of the studs broke during the fiasco. I have my old stock axles somewhere, I'll just swap it out. One more thing to fix...

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I went back to work Thursday after almost 8 weeks of soaking up air conditioning. Things were so busy I worked 12 hour days Thursday and Friday, thank goodness I got the weekend off to regroup. Let's just say I didn't go back in hydrated enough. Most of the day Saturday I spent chewing ibuprofen and guzzling water. Sunday, the wife decides she wants chainlink fence up for her dog. So, off to Lowes we go. On the way, the truck starts to act up.. seems like transmission. (That's another story) I convince the wife if we need to fix that, we shouldn't blow money on fence now, so we turn around and drive 14 miles back home. as soon as I get home, my son calls. He's over in the next town where Lowe's is.. With missing lug nuts on his fox. It seems he wound up with straight shank nuts vs acorn style that he needed and his wheel came loose. Don't ask. That's another story. So, I hop in the new 5.0 and go rescue him. I get home, and shower up only to have the wife yell at me to come out side. "OMG ALLEN MY CAR IS LEAKING SOMETHING!"

image.png

What the??? It's not rear ac oil...

So after searching I finally find out what's up. She tried to stash the evidence while I was going to find my phone..
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
:doh:

Sooo... No Mustang stuff this weekend.

I need a glass of water.
Whew! I was worried that it was beer!

Stay away from alcohol?:eek:

Reactions: 3 users