BP Art & Design's Portable Car Show Display Stands

BlkGT500nCA

May 25, 2011
Hey Everyone, name is Brian and I wanted to make my introduction and tell you a little about my product that I make. I am a powder coater with a passion for Fords, Mustangs, and anything else that is fast! I have always had a Mustang and love going to car shows, but one thing I’ve always seen is cheap and flimsy display stands. Usually it’s a little picture frame propped somewhere on the engine. Another common thing I see is those tripod A-frame displays that I watch people bump into knocking them over into the car, or worse yet, hit the car next to it! I have seen a gusts of wind take these kinds of displays out, causing damage to some pretty expensive vehicles.

Some of these displays are so close to the ground that nobody can, or wants to read them. It was so frustrating that I couldn’t find a proper display stand for my own personal vehicle, that I made my own!

When brain storming about a perfect stand, I wanted it to break down into pieces so it would fit into my trunk. It had to be light, but still sturdy enough to take a pretty hard hit and not damage my, or any one else’s vehicle. Lastly, the thing had to be tall enough that people would want to read it! I think my stand has a classy, industrial look that should addresses these issues and really makes your your custom car stand out in a crowd.

The stand’s foundation begins by laying the baseplate down and driving the front tire of your car onto it.

dsc5245.jpg

The other two pieces easily connect together and lock tight with a couple turns of some thumb screws on the back of the stand.

dsc5252.jpg

dsc5264.jpg

img0499ge.jpg

dsc5274q.jpg

The center pieces of these stands is a great place to display customizable vinyl, or CNC plasma cut artwork.

dsc7821.jpg

CNC cut text and LED backlighting.
dsc7852.jpg

dsc7845x.jpg

The top of the display stand has a floating piece of acrylic that is lifted off of the metal with 3/16th” spacers and stainless steel button head screws with SS nylon locking nuts. There is also a hole in the metal plate to assist with installation/removal of the artwork.
dsc5269.jpg

dsc7372d.jpg

Awhile back I had a customer ask me about a design that would hold a book or photo album. I now include with every stand a removable 4" lip that optionally mounts to the top.

bentlip.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

attached1.jpg

attached3.jpg

This stand is very sturdy. There will be no wind, child, or adult knocking it into the side of your car.*

img0132ug.jpg

The 50lb weight wasn’t enough, so I threw my floor jack on there for good measure.

img0140th.jpg

I’ve got two different size of tops. One holds a 24”x18” poster and the other holds a 17”x11”. Opening and closing the hood of your car is no problem either with the long base plate that I provide. The overall height of an assembled stand 42” and weighs in at apx 20lbs. This display also stands freely without the weight of the car on it, allowing you to keep it in your basement or garage while not using it at shows. (at shows I highly recommend parking on the base for peace of mind)

As far as powder coating goes, there are 100’s of colors to choose from. Customize it to match the color of your car or your personal style. Prices with particular options vary, but a standard single color powder coated stand
is $395 delivered anywhere in the lower 48.

I also design some of the posters for my customers as well. Contact me for more information.
dwain.jpg

knightmoto11.jpg

krstand.jpg
Thanks for your time everyone, and happy car showing!

-Brian
[email protected]
www.BP-ART-DESIGN.COM

Here’s the Portable Car Show Display Stand I made for StangNet’s Built to Cruise Project.

img0395xd.jpg

I was even lucky enough to get to bring my GT500 and 15 display stands down to SEMA last year.

dsc0434cd.jpg

Some more random pics. Some of the stripes are powder coated and some of them are vinyl.

dsc7482v.jpg

whtss.jpg

427ss.jpg

blkred.jpg

7037blk.jpg

83209004.jpg

blksgt.jpg

dsc9264q.jpg
dsc9268p.jpg
dsc9602o.jpg
G]

andyry.jpg
IMG]

gt350.jpg RL]

[URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gt350.jpg] 19285753.jpg URL]

Here's a small army of gloss black/matte stands I shipped off to a Chevy dealership in OK.

[URL=http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19285753.jpg]