BROKE IN!!!

Ducktapejunkie

Aug 7, 2004
RGV
I just recently registered but Ive been viewing the boards for years now. Just last night while we were out some s.o.b's broke into my brothers car. :mad: :mad: :mad: They smashed the passengers side glass and attempted stealing the headunit(Pioneer). Someone must have seen them and so i guess they panicked because all they ended up taking was the detachable faceplate, but they sure did f*** up the dash. :( :bang: :bang: What good is only the faceplate without the whole unit?? They completely ruined the center bezel which was painted to match the exterior so now we have to buy a new one(thank God for ebay) and paint it over again. The idiots also left dents in the damn dash where i guess they tried prying out the center piece with a screwdriver...who knows whats gonna happen with that.

Good news is that we talked to the local glass and windshield vendors in the area and after some negociating this one place offered us 130 tax included w/ installation of the new glass. At least now we can get a newer headunit i guess.. :shrug: If you all wanted to see what it looked like before the break in heres a link to the cardomain site.
Cardomain Site

• Sponsors (?)

It was probably really really dumb kids. No intelligent or half intelligent theif would waste his time and just get a face plate :notnice:

But anyways sorry to here about that at leastall they took was something that can replaced very easily. By the way if you want you could add your stereo components to your car insurance, just something to think about.

I'm truly sorry that happened. If those punks spent as much time trying to work as they do in not working (ie....stealing) I'm sure they would have had MORE than enough money to buy their own stereo. They are dumbasses! Help your bro fix up his baby and enjoy the new stereo once he gets one. Good luck.

Hey maybe you all can help me out. Today we tried placing back in the stock stereo cassette player along with the c.d player, but we were surprised when we found out that we got only a puny sound out of the speakers. :shrug: :shrug: We had already replaced all the stock speakers with pionneer 6 1/2'' rev components along with rev 6x8's. Could it be that the power output of the stock stereo is too little to power the aftermarket speakers? :bang: :bang:

I'm really sorry to hear about that.... probly was punk kids (as much as I hate that stereotype cause people like to classify me in it) at least they only got the faceplate... EBAY baby.... lol..... good luck with it all!.... if it makes you feel any better smae thing happened to mine before I bought it.... the dash is still messed up (cause i haven't got the $$ to fix it) and they had to replace the speakers and subs and everything! :(