Fivespeedsteed's Build Thread

When you do the top end kit, just buy the trick flow complete setup and be done with it all at once.

It will come with a new timing set, gaskets, pushrods, etc.

You NEED to measure for the correct pushrods any time you change heads. Running any type of cam with stock E7 valvesprings is a bad idea, especially a trick flow stage 2.

• Sponsors (?)

didnt do much over the summer so far. it passed inspection though :D

ive been busy with work and paying my insurance for the next 6 months :mad:

i did however pick up a floating toy to play with on the river. some of you might remember my thread on pictures of your boats and such. i found this 2 owner 01 gp1200r yamaha for an alright price and scooped it. ill probably mod it a little to start till it needs a rebuild. right now its got 105 hours on it and compression is within 5psi across all 3.

this winter im going to be leaving the fox at my house while i work on making another pile of parts. i didnt work on it as much as i had hoped last year and i got most of my suspension done, which was my main goal. so it will sit this winter. might even pay for a storage unit.

goal is to buy some parts to fix the front end up finally and finish getting stuff i need for my cobra brake swap (~700 dollars)

in the midst of that i need to start putting money aside for insurance and tires for the truck (~1200 dollars :mad:) and im gonna level it while im at it (~80 bucks)

most of the little piddly picky stuff im done with, now i just need big purchases.

pics of said ski:

DSCN1769.jpg

2010-07-04183222.jpg

2010-07-04183302.jpg

another update i guess, even though no one cares. cars gonna be staying at my house over winter while im away at school. me and the truck and the ski are gonna be at school. was trying to get some stuff done to the fox but my ski dropped a power valve which leads to a top end rebuild. trying to get out on it before summer is over. then defiantly acquiring mustang parts this winter.

i think im going to start collecting more pieces for the cobra swap, and find a bumper, and other stuff i need to fix the front end. might get a solid steering shaft too as i think that is my last steering click.

just updating this i guess. cars doing fine. got some decent lug nuts on it and replaced the rusting advance crap. need to get the front end fixed and the steering click done. only have one more part for the ski to buy then im gonna get a tuner for the truck i think, then for the fox get a radiator support, header pannel, and get the front end fixed up and the headlights aimed right and the front bumper re sprayed. then probably a mm solid steering shaft. after that i guess im on to a panhard bar . then it will be good until i graduate and get a garage, so i can pull the motor and brakes off it, to do my cobra conversion, and build my motor. im thinking gt40x's, 1.7rr, afr 165/185 heads, and a tf intake manifold with new gaskets, hoses, 3g alt, and dual electric fans with an aluminum radiator.

I got bit by the jet ski bug. Unfortunately I have no tow vehicle.

So...no ski :(

Seriously...buy fox parts...i need a good progress thread or two to follow this winter. I'm not doing anything to my car and i'm bored :)

I got bit by the jet ski bug. Unfortunately I have no tow vehicle.

So...no ski :(

Seriously...buy fox parts...i need a good progress thread or two to follow this winter. I'm not doing anything to my car and i'm bored :)

+1. My stang is chillin (literally) in the garage right now. I could use someone else's work (with pics) for entainment value also.

yeah im probably going to get a solid steering shaft this summer, and try to get the front end fixed. my back driver side is a half inch lower than my passenger side. always has been and its really bugging me. ive got the adjustable control arms maxed out on the driver side and bottomed out on the passenger side. i recently got the upper ca bushings replaced and i was hopign that was goign to help out, and it didnt. my mustang friend that makes cages, and does subframe installs allot says the back half of foxes tend to warp up over time. so he thinks my lower subframes were welded in while the car was sagging, since they were welded in while the car was on its wheels.

so this summer i cant decide if im going to replace the rad support or just try to get it pulled in the front and get it all square, and then i might get my lower subframes redone with the car the way it should be, hopefully not twisted all up.

when my car was painted we didnt remove bumpers or trim or anything, and its got a few scratches on it, the front bumper has been in an accident, the rear one is all loose and rattling, so i think when i graduate here in a year or so and i get a place with a garage, im just gonna pull the motor and brakes off, get the motor built (simple HCI) and do my cobra brakes, get the bay painted and smoothed a little, then when its all done it will be the way i want it, and i want to send out the rolling chassis to a body shop and get it painted the right way, with fenders and bumpers off, and trim off, and have my driver sagging door rehung. then when its done it will be a fresh paint job, on a fresh HCI setup, with basically a road and track box. it will be a fun weekend car.

i think for now thats my plan. anyone that has been in minor frontal accidents pipe in with how you fixed up your front ends.

i can take pictures in a little while, but the front driverside fog light is pushed back some, and it seems like the front end is tweaked a little.

well i got rear ended a few days ago. not bad

IMAG0609.jpg

just the two liscence plate scratches you see and it stress cracked out.

no damage done on the inside.

i think im taking the check to this frame shop. there the best in the area, the front of the bay is shifted over, im gonna not worry about any paint now, and just get the front end pulled and fixed all up and get my ride height issues sorted out. i still like driving it so im not worried about paint. when i get the motor put in it, and my cobra brakes, and i drive it a ton more, ill pay big bucks to get it painted the right way. it was painted with all the trim and bumpers on. so next time im going to do it right, atleast then my frame will be all straight and ready to go.

What part of richmond you live in? I lived there a few years ago right across from the short pump mall. The place where you took your pictures looks familiar.

Nice build I cant wait to start on the things you have done.

the frame shop guy is very down to earth. i talked to him a while back about a jeep and he gave great advice. he said he's slam packed for the next 2 weeks, which is a dissapointment, but he said the driver side shock tower is pushed in some, but it doesent look that bad. we both agreed that thousands of dollars shouldnt be spent since i drive the car, and dont want to worry about something happening to it if i invested a small fortune in it.

so he pretty much said that hed charge me like 100 bucks or so to get it on his frame machine and see what got shifted where and what we can do about fixing it. probably will involve a light pulling of the front radiator support and fixing that fender thats buckled some. gonna start stacking my pennies away to get this straight.

Oh yeah I know where thats at. I worked for the company that build the chesterfield commons down there, I drove the crash truck for the road crew.

How fast was the car going to read ended you? its amazing that it affected the frame.....

no no no, the car that rear ended me wasnt going fast at all just a nudge, little bit faster than that. the damage to the frame is in the front end when i rear ended another car a while back. i was going like 30-40, and locked up the brakes and slid into another mustang quite hard. thats what did it.

ive had liability on it forever so im just now getting around to fixing it

pulled it out of my grandpas driveway a few weeks ago and have been doing random little odds and ends here and there.

IMAG0764.jpg

i drilled out the wearing out rivets that hold the rear bumper bracket to the bumper and put in screws and nuts and washers, went to go replace my door lock actuator that stopped working on the passenger side and found that it had just come out of its holder. so i think i got the rod in there adjusted right this time, i think i had it out too far so it was pushing it out of its holder. then i replaced the clutch fan that i got from latemodel about a year ago with an imperial one from advance auto (work) and that is doing much better. cleaned the interior up and armoralled, got my offroad H pipe on after fighting with breaking bolts between the headers and factory mid pipe, did an oil change, aimed my passenger side headlight better, and now im working on saving up to get it to the body shop to see why my axle is pushed over 3/8s of an inch to the passenger side and how much its going to run me to fix the front end where i rear ended someone a while back.

Attachments

• IMAG0764.jpg
    IMAG0764.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 95
got the radiator rodded out, coolant cleaned up, the bay cleaned up real nice, ac recharged and fixed the leaking retrofit valve. also fixed my headlights, got them aimed up right, then fixed my dashboard pod from moving where those tabs always break.