Bumper Cover Replacement

RedWings44

May 19, 2012
Unfortunately this past Sunday I was involved in an accident where I could not stop or turn and hit a slightly icy snow bank. This caused my front bumper cover to sustain damage and it will need replacing. I managed to use gorilla glue to put the cover back on the blinker light and make it road legal again, but I am having a hard time finding help on replacing the bumper cover. I searched YouTube and could not find anything on this topic other than replacing covers on the newer Mustangs. I am not sure how well they apply to my year (1998) so I am posting to see if anyone has any videos on this matter or expertise on it. I performed a brief search on here and didn't find anything relating to it either. Videos would be the best, but any help at all would be wonderful. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2015-02-01 18.19.16.jpg
    2015-02-01 18.19.16.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Sponsors (?)

to remove your bumper cover:

(1) Drill out or remove the two rivets on top that attach it to the headlight panel next to the headlights
(2) remove your air filer assembly and reach through the snorkel hole to undo the two bolts on the passenger side.
(3) For the driver side, easiest to remove the wheel, peel back the fender liner and undo the two bolts.
(4) remove the fasteners on the underside that attach it
(5) Hardest part, getting to release form your headlight panel since it kinda of clips in to the panel