Calling all Christians................calling all Christians!

What are your opinions about my aviator

• Yes, I find it very offensive. I must rinse my eyes with Holy water and say 10 hail Mary's everytime

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Get real, it's just a cartoon and my faith is far stronger than that. Besides, shouldn't we be more

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No it's not offensive, but it is in poor taste so just change it and stop the babies from crying.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, it is almost as offensive to religions as Elewhore is to Mustangs and should be changed into a

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Why is anyone even bothering you about this? Gosh, how insecure can you get, just leave it the way i

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK since it has been recently brought to my attention that some of you (OK, well, just one so far which is why it's a poll) feel that perhaps your sensitive nature and/or religious beliefs might be offended by my avatar choice. Since I fail to see how a slighty modified 37 year old Anime cartoon could do so, I am puting it to a vote. If enough of you agree (and not just one person with nothing better to do) than I will happily change it. So if you vote yes it is, than as a side question, please advise if you find Todd McFarlene's Spawn character or say the new movie hero Hellboy equally offensive if I were to switch to one of them instead.

spawn_comic_cover_135_lg.jpg
bog-168x168.jpg

Please also when voting just keep in mind, this is a religion neutral website and we currently have no rules limiting our avatar choices (obvious by counting all the bouncing boobies around these days. :D ) This is the US of A, not the Pope's villa in Italy. :flag:

EDIT: :doh: Woops, forgot to click the poll section, oh well, you can cast your vote via a post if you care too.

1) Yes, I find it very offensive. I must rinse my eyes with Holy water and say 10 hail Mary's everytime my eyes are cast upon it.

2) Get real, it's just a cartoon and my faith is far stronger than that. Besides, shouldn't we be more concerned about the priests who molest young boys?

3) No it's not offensive, but it is in poor taste so just change it and stop the babies from crying.

4) Yes, it is almost as offensive to religions as Elewhore is to Mustangs and should be changed into a JUST SAY NO to Elewhore Avatar instead immediatly!

5) Why is anyone even bothering you about this? Gosh, how insecure can you get, just leave it the way it is and tell them to go join the priest hood.

Attachments

• spawn_comic_cover_135_lg.jpg
    spawn_comic_cover_135_lg.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

ummmm...there's no poll here...

BTW, the horns don't bother me one bit. The upside down cross (although I did not notice it until somone else pointed it out to me) kinda makes me wonder. But hey, it is your avatar. Just like it is your afterlife :D

Edbert said:
ummmm...there's no poll here...

BTW, the horns don't bother me one bit. The upside down cross (although I did not notice it until somone else pointed it out to me) kinda makes me wonder. But hey, it is your avatar. Just like it is your afterlife :D

Yeah, I noticed I messed up the poll, can't go back and fix it either. All I could do is edit out this post and paste it into another one with a link so I figured, eh, good enough. BTW, Actually it's a Viking sword as are the horns, it's not an upside down cross at all. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately none of the above fit with me. Dont rinse my eyes with Holy water and say 10 Hail Marys when I see it... I just smile knowing you did it all for lil ol me and youll be the one judged on it , not me, Soo,, with that said , Id say
You forgot this one :

I altered the avatar to insult one person because thats the only ammo I can fire at that big meanie, other than (God forbid) making a few simple irreversible mods to a Shelby. In reality Im just a lowly French shoemaker with a rather effimanite looking convertible , and I should remove the symbols since I could possibly offend someone other than my intended target.

I think that one would get a lot of checks... :nice:

Seriously ,...Was this because I said that the French carried 2 things into battle? a white flag and a change of underwear ? :D If thats the problem , ok, here. The French are mighty warriors, known throughout history as potent foes, destroying all enemies in their path, the word surrender , not even in the vocabulary.
Ok, is that better? Will you get change the avatar back now ? :p See, Im trying to make peace...

I thought this was good.

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington
chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the
professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course,
why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs
heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas
cools off when it expands and heats up when its is compressed) or some
variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need
to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are
leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell,
it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, lets look at the different
religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that
if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there
are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more
than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With the birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of
souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume of Hell because Boyle's
Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay
the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are
added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter
Hell, then the temperature and pressure of Hell will increase until all
Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a faster rate than the increase of
souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell
freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Teresa Banyan
during my Freshman year, ".....that it will be a cold day in Hell before I
sleep with you.", and take into account the fact that I still have not
succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and
thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze.

The student received the only "A" given

Pakrat, I know and sympathize with your side of this, although I don't like the "car hating." I also tried to give him a chance to understand. I know Hopkinator should shut up. Luckily for him, his religion allows him to sin, and then be forgiven for everything. I'm not going to debate with him about this. I guess I'll just have to continue to be amused. :shrug:

Penguin said:
Pakrat, I know and sympathize with your side of this, although I don't like the "car hating." I also tried to give him a chance to understand. I know Hopkinator should shut up. Luckily for him, his religion allows him to sin, and then be forgiven for everything. I'm not going to debate with him about this. I guess I'll just have to continue to be amused. :shrug:
In another thread, you wrote , quote- The avatar does indeed insult Christianity.
So why should I shut up? If Pak thinks I sit around brooding about his sacrilige, hes wrong. I sign on, eventually land here, post on a few things, Paks avatar included since its OBVIOUSLY meant for me, and mosey on elsewhere. Be careful Penguin. You are edging around saying one thing and supporting another. That wont do much for your integrity here. I may not be the model Stangnet attendee, but everyone knows where I stand. Dont get wishy washy in your stances just because frenchy got nasty with you.

can we post this in the tech section since we have to find for sure if hell is not expanding and remaining hot as hell or if the eagles are going to get back together again because hell has actually frozen over? btw if you do decide to change your avatar i'll give another vote for the punsiher :nice:

pakrat use what ever avatar you like as long as it conforms to the standards set forth by the owners of this board. i think it is small minded of people to be upset over a stupid cartoon, unless it is truley offensive, and as i see it, it is not offensive in the least. there are worse things that could be put there, like pictures of rosie o'donnel:nono:

The Hopkinator said:
In another thread, you wrote , quote- The avatar does indeed insult Christianity....Be careful Penguin. You are edging around saying one thing and supporting another.

I'm not talking about the avatar. I wish you would stop personally insulting him. Just because he sins in your religion's eyes does not mean you can sin in your religion's eyes, but you continue to do it.

As for me saying one thing. When he agitates you and bashes your car, I still think that is wrong. I've said my peace about that subject.

My integrity does not come with me when I go to the internet. :D