Calling all Christians................calling all Christians!

What are your opinions about my aviator

• Yes, I find it very offensive. I must rinse my eyes with Holy water and say 10 hail Mary's everytime

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Get real, it's just a cartoon and my faith is far stronger than that. Besides, shouldn't we be more

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No it's not offensive, but it is in poor taste so just change it and stop the babies from crying.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, it is almost as offensive to religions as Elewhore is to Mustangs and should be changed into a

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Why is anyone even bothering you about this? Gosh, how insecure can you get, just leave it the way i

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pak,
I find the avatar very offensive. Not from a religious standpoint, but any Speedracer fan knows a talented driver like Speed would never drive the Mach 5 with horns in his helmet. One big pothole or hardlanding and he may be flung forward with enough force that the horns may activate one of the specialty buttons (automatic jacks, etc) causing Speed to loose control. Even if Speed had a lapse in judgment and put the horns on his helmet, Pops would never stanf for them. He would tear them off in a huff and throw them to the ground (at which point Spritle and Chim Chim would run off with them).

• Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
Pak,
I find the avatar very offensive. Not from a religious standpoint, but any Speedracer fan knows a talented driver like Speed would never drive the Mach 5 with horns in his helmet. One big pothole or hardlanding and he may be flung forward with enough force that the horns may activate one of the specialty buttons (automatic jacks, etc) causing Speed to loose control. Even if Speed had a lapse in judgment and put the horns on his helmet, Pops would never stanf for them. He would tear them off in a huff and throw them to the ground (at which point Spritle and Chim Chim would run off with them).
priceless!

:rlaugh:

StangDreamin' said:
rbhom gave me the idea for one more option to add to the poll:

o - You should toss that offensive avatar and create something that would not offend (only) one former Muh-ween! I'm thinking a picture of Rosie O'Donnelll - nude! :eek: :puke:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: why yes you could offend EVERYBODY that way, and get yourself banned for life from the internet, not just stangnet :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Poll's over. Avatar is changed despite overwhelming response. Me and my effeminate <<(correct way to spell in 49 states :rolleyes: ) car won't be bothering any of you with this BS anymore. You can all breath sighs of relief now. I'm sticking to the tech side from now on to continue paying back and passing on the knowledge I have acquired since I joined to those seeking it, but all social chatter is over. That should insure everyone is kept happy and satisfied. I don't know why we ever even put in a talk section if it's all such a burden, but thanks for the little bit of fun while it lasted.

Party on!

rbohm said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: why yes you could offend EVERYBODY that way, and get yourself banned for life from the internet, not just stangnet :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

No, I wouldn't - or at least shouldn't - because my posting a picture of a naked Rosie O' :puke: would be (just like Maplethorpe's infamous "Crucifix in a jar full of pi$$") is simply an expression of my free speech, which is protected by the First Amendment! :rolleyes:

Honestly; I'm having a serious problem with this entire subject matter. On one hand, we have to be respectful of the sensibilities of one group (the "religious"); while on the other hand not offending the sensibilities of another (the "My Free Speech" group). Frankly, I find it personally offensive that either group has free rein to shove their attitude down my throat and I'm supposed to be "tolerant" of it! :bs:

My stance: Born and raised Catholic; still practising Catholic (even a member of the Knights of Columbus). Guess what? I'm so secure in my Faith that the "Satanist" cartoon avatars of a few others don't offend me in the least! Remember, God gave us all Free Willl long before the First Amendment to the United States Constitution gave us Free Speech; it's all in how we use God's gift, not how others use the Founding Fathers' gift. Simply put, which was granted first and which is of greater importance.

Pak: The same militarily-fought-for freedom of expression that allows you to have an avatar with horns and an upside-down cross allows Hop to turn a real Shelby into a copy of a Shelby clone.
Hop: The same divinely-granted free will that allows you to carve up a Shelby also allows Pak to post his avatar, even if it has sacriligious undertones.

Both of you need to reamember that the objects which offend you so are both inanimate objects of human design; not God's design.

You each have a right to your opinions; just not to force others to accept those opinions as their own. You're both reputedly adults, how about you both just get over it!

Sheese!

Pakrat said:
Poll's over. Avatar is changed despite overwhelming response. Me and my effeminate <<(correct way to spell in 49 states :rolleyes: )

GOOD GOD FRENCHY. IN MY TYPING/LAUGHING MOMENT , I MISPELLED A WORD !! YOULL TAKE ANYTHING WONT YOU ! :rlaugh: IF I WENT BEHIND YOU CLEANING UP YOUR GRAMMAR, ID BE TOO BUSY TO SPANK YOU ON THESE THREADS YOU ATTACK ME ON... :lol:
I car won't be bothering any of you with this BS anymore. You can all breath sighs of relief now. I'm sticking to the tech side from now on to continue paying back and passing on the knowledge ( O SANK YOU GWATE MA-STUH ) I have acquired since I joined to those seeking it, ( INCOMPLETE SENTENCE PROFESSOR.. :rlaugh: )

Party on!
:D

Penguin said:
...I wondered if anyone else would say it. Must be me being a "newbie."
Oh well.

Nah, that wouldn't be a "newbie" response; rather one from somebody who comes here for something other than an online episode of some bad daytime talkshow. I swear, sometimes when these two go at it, we should all join together in a chant: "Jerrr-y....Jerrr-y....Jerrr-y....Jerrr-y..." :rolleyes:

Still Dreamin'

dreamin, i think we are all invloved in this online soap drama, so in reality we all should be on Jerry, not just Hop and Pak. i generally don't venture to the talk side because i don't want to get involved in these types of threads but sometimes i just can't control myself :D so as long as it is just pak and hop arguing and and providing interesting reading it's ok. i opened my mouth in the "Smokers read this" thread and wish i hadn't because it is those types of threads specifically that i don't like to get involved in. watching Pak and Hop throw insults and smilies at each other is strangely entertaining though. i consider both Pak and Hop buddies so i can throw a couple jests there way too, just to keep fueling the fire sometimes :rlaugh: