Car Wont Start

Lovetolope

Dec 8, 2014
Hey guys, my 2003 cobra was in the shop for about 4 months over here in italy mainly because they suck at their job and are slow. So story goes as this.

I bought the car for 17k with 40k miles on it 6 months ago and it had an issue with overheating. I wasnt told how many times it was overheated but he only said once. he replacedd the waterpump with the from AM. It still got hotter so I thought it was a tstat but at most. I was wrong and one head was bad and dumping water into 2nd piston from the front on the passenger side.

I bought a head from a guy off of corral and he said he did homeporting to it and other than that it was like new. I got it and the valve guides needed redone so I paid for that and the head was then installed. Apparently the homeporting was a little more than what I thought so now the heads dont match and im running rich on one side with the bypass connected and lean with it disconnected.

I drove it around for about 10 minutes after getting it back, I know I need a tune but I am in italy and its not possible, then i drove it 3 minutes down the road and back, then this morning I drove it about 4 minutes and hit it in 2nd gear until it broke the tires loose to about 3k rpms. When I let off the gas at about 3k it died and didnt want to start but when it did it soundded like it was running off of 4 pistons, sounded like it was missing hard. I know it could be fouled out plugs but I havent had a chance to check since I have to be at work and at the time I didnt have my extension long enough to get the

I know that it will never run 100% correctly with one head having a mild port but I cant match the other until I go back home in a couple of months. I need to get it running again and make it last a little bit and I am ok with it running rich for a little bit because I dont think it will wash off my coat in 2 months of minimal driving.

Can I get some input on getting it going again and some advice for it being reliable until I leave?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so I looked at it and the spark plugs are soaked, what does sugar in the gas tank look or sound like? It looked like it had grunge on the spark plugs but that could have been from the recent full painting of the valve covers. I cleaned off the spark plugs and no difference it still wont start. Where do the coil packs get their charge from? maybe thats going out. I havent done much research on these pos modular motors but I can tell you I am about ready to swap in a 408w

Today, I tested the voltage on the clips to the coils and it was all good. I also checked compression to make sure somehow it didnt jump timing. Next check will be cam and crank position sensors.

Tested the voltage going to the cps and it was about .05v which I read should be good. I gave up and put it all together again and then tried to start it after resetting the ECU and it started to fire, sounded like it was only going to be a few cylinders again. Kept cranking and wasnt getting fire but a couple cylinders which wasnt enough to start it. I think the CPS is out of the question now because if it was bad it wouldn't spark at all right? I am leaning towards coils going bad but I am not sure how they would go bad all at once after a half throttle pull to 3k. Anyways guy thanks for reading and please chime in if you have questions or suggestions

Problem was frps, disconnected the electrical side and it fired right up, disconnected the vacuum while running and 0 fuel coming out. There is fuel in the oil so I will be changing that soon. I do realize that the pcm cant sense the fuel pressure but wont I be fine driving it out of boost? until my new frps comes in?