Car Won't Stay Running! Help!

Stacks604

Jan 4, 2016
I have a 2003 Mustang v6, 3.8L Just filled the car up with gas and was driving home going about 90mph, and the car had just shut off. Had to get it pushed to the side of the road, and then towed back home. it WILL start every time, but turn off a second or two later. Just installed a new SR Performance intake a week prior to the car dying, everything was running beautifully until now. There is only 60,000 Miles on the thing (which isn't bad??).

Now I haven't had much time to check it out more, but thought I'd post here for some guidance before hoping under the hood and cursing at the thing for hours on end with no progress.
Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? I can hear the fuel pump priming when I turn the key, perhaps the filter, or IAC?

• Sponsors (?)

Ensure the Maf is still attached and plugged in, what you are describing is indicative of the maf losing its signal. Are there any codes or is the check engine light on?

Oh.... And slow down, unless of course you are driving in "Mexico" ;)

Ensure the Maf is still attached and plugged in, what you are describing is indicative of the maf losing its signal. Are there any codes or is the check engine light on?

Oh.... And slow down, unless of course you are driving in "Mexico" ;)

Heh..
It was late in the evening, the streets were deserted and dry (finally), so I thought I'd have a little fun.

I have checked the MAF sensor, and every thing is plugged in and tight. Tried starting with the sensor unplugged too and still nothing. Perhaps the hoses or something came loose? Will check later tonight again when I get home. Oh and there is no coses or check engine light on either..

Try first by checking if your fuel pump is primeing when the key is on position 2. If you do not hear the pump then check the relay, if that not then the pump