Administrative Changes For The Ii Forums

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
@Noobz347 has asked me to be the moderator for the Mustang II Talk/Tech and Mustang II Classifieds forum, and I've accepted.

Some of you guys know/remember that I was the Mustang II Forum moderator over at Allfordmustangs.com for ten years, and have been an active member here (though usually in the off-topic forums) and at MustangII.net for just as long.

I'll still be active at MustangII.net, that won't change, but a big change is that I'm going to be checking in on this forum multiple times per day from here on out, helping where I can, keeping the peace if/when needed, and trying to bring some activity back to this forum.

I will also be digging up some of the tech how-tos I've written for a few different sites and posting them here and sticky-ing them for easy reference. I will NOT be bringing anyone else's tech over here without permission. If you've posted some good tech write-ups for other sites and want to add it to the collection over here, please do so, if you let me know, I'll even sticky it so it's easy to find. Just make sure that what you post is yours, or that you have the permission of the author. Also, if you come across an old thread here in the forum that is REALLY helpful, let me know via PM or by bumping the thread, and I'll make it a sticky.

I've got a few ideas of what I want to see in/from this forum, and I'm interested in seeing/hearing ideas from any of the II owners still around. You can reply to this thread, or send me a PM.

This forum used to be a VERY busy one, and I know that some things that have happened in the past have hurt that and driven people away, and I know some of those that are gone won't come back, but there are new II owners all the time, and there's no reason this can't be a thriving community again.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I've got a few tech and how-to things I'm going to write-up in the near future. Some will be pretty basic (working on one now on how to revive grimy-looking interior plastic), others will be more in-depth (how to change from opera rear quarter windows to full-size is the one I'm working on now). I'm also going to to do some updates on older ones I've done (the Summit radiator install will be one of them, it fits much better and looks much nicer as installed in my '75 than it did as it was installed in my '76), and I may even do a car audio upgrade thread like the one I did for my F150 here: 2009-2014 Radio upgrade WITHOUT keeping Sync. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans for my II.

I'd love some feedback on how else you guys think we can improve this.

I wish I had a good suggestion, but I am drawing a blank on how to increase traffic besides what you said about write-ups. Maybe a sticky thread that members could post pictures/videos of IIs they see in general or at shows with a small description about where they see them? I know when I took mine to new shows a couple years ago, I would look on the sponsors website if they had one to see if anyone showed any interest in my car. That might draw in a few google searchers?

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I had a good suggestion, but I am drawing a blank on how to increase traffic besides what you said about write-ups. Maybe a sticky thread that members could post pictures/videos of IIs they see in general or at shows with a small description about where they see them? I know when I took mine to new shows a couple years ago, I would look on the sponsors website if they had one to see if anyone showed any interest in my car. That might draw in a few google searchers?
I like it, the thread's created and in the stickies at the top!

I think the 'how to'/tutorials would be the most valuable thing to get in place.
As a new owner, I've found it quite difficult to find vehicle specific information.
I'd be happy to write up anything I do as I go along.

I'd be happy to write up anything I do as I go along.
Please do.

I'm probably the worst at it. I used to be a technician at the dealership level, so I just start fixing stuff and working as quickly as I can and forget to stop and take pictures most of the time. I'm trying to get better about not doing that. The funny part is I'm good at typing up the "how-to" itself after the fact after years of doing the "story" on repair orders.

I've un-stuck several older tech threads, and will be adding a "best of" tech thread with links to several good tech threads in the not-too-distant future.