Changing Injectors + Air Meter

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Good afternoon,

Over the winter I'm going to be preparing my car for boost and was looking for some opinions on injector sizes. My car currently has a mildly built 302 with Edelbrock Performer heads comp custom cam etc....car makes roughly 315rwhp. As of right now I'm running 24lb Cobra injectors and an FMS 190LPH fuel pump but obviously I need to upgrade for boost.

CJ Pony Parts has a good deal on a PRO-M Mass Air Meter that I can get calibrated directly from them in either 36lb or 42lb injectors. Problem is that the Accel injectors that I'm looking at either come in 36lb or 44lb...would the 44lb work with the Air Meter calibrated @ 42lbs?

Also do you think my 190lph fuel pump can handle everything or should I upgrade to a 255? I'm just going to wait for a used S trim to come for sale but I'd like to have the car ready for when one pops up.

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

The meter and the injectors must match.
Whether or not the fuel pump is enough depends on how much boost your run.
I'd say you want a gss340 (high pressure 255), but not before the supercharger goes on.
I would also use the 42's and matching meter, but also not until you do the supercharger.

IMO, but all that stuff after you get the supercharger, this way you aren't sitting on a bunch of parts that you may run out of return time on and get stuck selling it for 50% of what you bought it.