Cheap Cai

about 4 days ago i purchased a CAI and i was hesitant on buying the 250 dollar ones so i veered off and ordered one from amazon(link at bottom). it was a cheaper 100 dollar one and the reviews on it were pretty good, one guy posted pictures of his install and talked about. i thought i would start this thread up so i can see what yall think about it or maybe if someone has gotten something similar you can share your experience with it. I will also most likely be recording the whole removal and installation process with my friends go pro so i will be posting a video of that on you tube and ill put the link here and i will also describe how good it works and how easy/ hard the install was, for people that want to be like me and save a few bucks.

Amazon product ASIN B003BZL9HEView: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BZL9HE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

• Sponsors (?)

Well for anyone who cares lol, I installed the intake last night and it took around three hours, as expected the intake came with the most useless misspelled instructions ever. I had a few pictures from another person that did a review of it on amazon and those helped a lot, when i first opened the product i realized that i had gotten a ton of extra parts that i didnt need but that just confused me at first. The stock intake was nothing and gave me no trouble just popped right off, I had to use some of the parts from the old intake on the new one and when putting on the heat shield, its not a perfect fit but it works and you get all the parts you need to do it, it just sucks and is time consuming, we started at about 9:30 and were done around 12:40.

Now for the best part!! The awesome thing was that this CAI works really good, right off the bat when i really put my foot on the pedal i noticed the throttle response was better there was not near as much lag and i was really happy because thats what i was expecting to happen. Now what i wasnt expecting was the shifts to be more firm and harder, I thought it was in my head but i started from zero a few times and just floored it and when it shifted it pushed me back against my seat, which i have never experioenmced before, so if you want to save money and still get a very good intake this is it! no instructions but if people are interested i could do a big write up on the install and make it way easier for yall! I installed this on my 08 GT mustang and i love it!

My friends and i made a time lapse video of the install and i will post that whenever i get it uploaded but for now heres a picture!

Attachments

• 15 - 1.jpg
    15 - 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 127