Classic Insurance question

fox-gt

Feb 28, 2004
TN
My car is finally done and now I want to insure it through an insurance company that deals mostly with classic cars. What insurance company do you use? How did you get it appraised, etc?

• Sponsors (?)

Hagerty here also. About 2 months ago. Simple. Filled out app., emailed 4 pics, told them how much I wanted to insure the car for (no appraisal) and it's done. Once they got the info (app and pics) I had faxed ins. card within 30 minutes. They don't want you using it as a daily driver but they don't ask for odometer readings:nice: Very easy to deal with

blue65coupe said:
Hagerty here also. About 2 months ago. Simple. Filled out app., emailed 4 pics, told them how much I wanted to insure the car for (no appraisal) and it's done. Once they got the info (app and pics) I had faxed ins. card within 30 minutes. They don't want you using it as a daily driver but they don't ask for odometer readings:nice: Very easy to deal with

I also have Hagerty... same process as above. Very easy to deal.

i figured up how much i have into it. then added a little to compensate for labor costs. you can also look at for sale adds and see what they are going for.

i also have haggerty. no problems with them. i had mine insured for 12 when i first insured it. now since the rebuild and other things, upped to 14.

I'm also insured through Hagerty. I applied on-line, it was soo easy. Saved me a lot of $$! To find a value, I did the same thing. I added up what I had into it with actual costs and time and also looked at comparable car ads. The bottom line is this: insure the car for the cost to replace it. Your premiums will reflect that value, higher payoff = higher premiums but still cheap. I pay about $210 a year with a payoff of $18K! Be sure to increase your payoff as you add value to your car as well.

66mustang93 said:
How did you come up with the value / what it is worth?

I know how much I have put into it, not sure if that would be the same thing as what it is worth.

For my 67, I used NADA retail guide. Since my car is well restored, I used the high retail figure + 10%.

When I owned my Mach, I used recent sales history to guage value and added 20% since it was an MCA concours gold car.

I also have my 87 GN with them and used recent sales history from B-J and Ebay.

I too use Haggerty, I pay around $235 a year for $15k coverage. Besides not having to deal with driving restrictions (time of year or mileage) another great thing is there is no deductibles with them.

One other thing to note, you have to have a enclosed garage.

Good point, I had forgotten to mention the lack of mileage restrictions with Hagerty which most other classic car insurance policies have. If you drive your car with any real frequency (a couple times a week or more) than Hagerty is definitely the best choice.

I was with Hagerty for quite a few yrs, but recently switched to a company called ANPAC. Reason why is they insure all my things, house, toys, cars. Ended up saving about 800 a yr total (not alot but still enough) but the kicker is, if your claim free for 3 yrs you get 25% back of your first yrs premium. Same next yr and the yr after. I havent had a claim in many many yrs so its a good deal for me as long as I stay good. :) (Still less even without that nice addition)

Lady in Redmond Oregon named Nadine was great to work with.

I'm a little disappointed so far.

They will not process my application because I have an open claim from my other insurance company with my daily driver. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. They will not insure my 66 stang cause my 93 stang was in an accident and the claim is not closed. :rolleyes: