cleaned out the inside today, just showing off.......

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
i just thought you guys you'd like....., know last week it was the engine compartment and this week this. what next, the trunk.........

this is what happends when you have nothing to currently work on.

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

there are things in the pics you can't see unless you look at the real thing. the dash pad has cracks around the speaker, needs a headliner, small slit in the seat, small crack in the drivers side door panel.

the only things i've done are carpet, extream detail(i'm kind of a neat freak), painted the lower dash(charcole paint) and polish every single piece of metal in the interior. i'm looking (not hard though) for used housings and radio bezel to send off to get chromed @ MR G's. i have the new headliner and have a upolstry shop lined up to fix the torn panels in my drivers seat.

after that i'm gonna get a repo shifter bezel and new dash pad.

i will need some help on the headliner(i have done 1) in the next few months.

i also have about 2 whole a/c set-ups in the shop to install(one day before i move back to texas hopefully)

anyway, thanks for the compliments guys!!

brian, you need to drive your car!! i'm tired of hearing how its never gonna get done :rolleyes: :D

streetgrande69 said:
there are things in the pics you can't see unless you look at the real thing. the dash pad has cracks around the speaker, needs a headliner, small slit in the seat, small crack in the drivers side door panel.

Battle Scars! :banana:

brian, you need to drive your car!! i'm tired of hearing how its never gonna get done

yeah, yeah i know, ran out of money again so i'll have to wait until i can get another loan. i'm hoping they'll let me have the 5k i originally asked for this time. the last loan i got was only 1500 because it was my first loan with the credit union. hey do you have a console for your car? i have a decent one for a 70. i also might be getting a 69 parts car that has what looks to be a pretty nice one, except for the chrome. wait, nevermind i remember now, you take it out to make a mold of it. how's that coming anyway?

bnickel said:
yeah, yeah i know, ran out of money again so i'll have to wait until i can get another loan.
I've got the opposite problem, the money and parts are there but I have no time! I'm embarassed to say it but I have not done anything to my car in over a month, with the 50-60 hour work weeks, little league, house/yard work, beer kegging, etc. I can't get more than an hour free anywhere :( A few years ago when I was laid off I had the opposite problem thats when I took the car apart and did the paint stripping though.

Brian, how much time to do you have? Maybe we can work out a trade somehow, your time for my money. I know Lubbock is along way off but... :shrug:

Hey Eric...if you're really that bored....the keys are in the house and all you have to do is hook the battery up and you can wash mine. :D

Looks good. And what do you mean you have nothing to work on? You gave me a list of stuff to do not too long ago. Or are you waiting until we take over a stall at Miramar?

Brian, how much time to do you have? Maybe we can work out a trade somehow, your time for my money. I know Lubbock is along way off but

edbert, what did you have in mind? me coming down there to work on the car or drag the car up here? i do have some time but my wife is working nights onn the weekends and i have to be here with my daughter, that and i'm working 40 hrs a week as well, so going to austin is probably out for me at this point. but if you wanted to drag the car up here for a while i'm sure i could get quite a bit done for you. what all do you have that needs to be done? i know the interior needs to be put back in and the wiring needs to finished and the exterior trim and stuff as well. i start my vacation on june 5th and could probably come down to get it then but i'd have to rent a truck and trailer to get it back here if you wanted to go that route.

i did get the spindles. i actually got a set from b-bay. it was something like 10-15 for the set.

check the link @ the bottom in my sig for pics of the brakes.

bob, i'm not that bored, yep just collecting the rest of the little stuff and waiting for a day when i can take leave and go down to miramar for a week and play. plus, i still need the lokar stuff for the aod, and bell housing bolts......

brian/edbert, i wanna know that you guys are up to, sounds like some sneaky plans to me, wish i was still out there, i wanna play too!!

brian/edbert, i wanna know that you guys are up to, sounds like some sneaky plans to me, wish i was still out there, i wanna play too!!

nothin yet, but we might work something out, it's up to edbert if he wants to drag the car up here, i'm probably going to have to rent a shop somewhere so i'll have a place to work on it though, but i really need one anyway.

Who would you rent a shop from? Too bad you aren’t here, I could get you on base for fairly cheap and we could knock out that stang!! Anyway, i still want pics after you get to some point!! Even if its an in-progress pic.

Realize one of these days I’m moving back to Texas, and when I do were goanna need to get together.

as for the console mold thing, it's gonna be one of those projects that sounded good, but really should just be left up to the pros......

The stuff I was doing was good to make resin models and stuff like that, but not really cheap for larger parts like a console base.

I just haven't put it into the car yet. i still need to pit it back together.

oh there are several places around here to rent small hobby type shops, probelm is finding someone to go in on it with me, one of my best friends lives a few houses down from me and we are always talking about getting one, but money is usually the issue also my best friend lives in san antonio and will be moving back here eventually so that's my other possibility but we have no idea when he'll be able to move back, after he and his fiance' tie the knot but again that is still up in the air too. i got the new computer up and running right now just need to get a new digicam and i'll get some pics to you and i'll make sure to post a bunch on here as well. sorry the console project didn't work out, but i'll bet it won't be long before there are repro's anyway, they've already got the the complete top section as well as the little center bezel pieces for the deluxe interior cars. when you move back to Texas we'll definately have to get together, are3 you planning on moving back to the houston area? or are you going somewhere else?