Codes- 98 Mustang 3.8 L

manzilla

Apr 28, 2015
I own a 98 v6 base model, and I have been fixing her up here and there but i came across some P codes that are giving me a bit of trouble and i need emissions done here in GA so im wondering about them...
I have 3 codes...
p0117- Engine Coolant Temp Sensor Low Circuit
P1000 which idk what that means
and P1117... which is ECT sensor intermittent

I JUST replaced the ECT sensor, and after i did that i had 1 code reading (which was the P0117) so i figured there wasnt a good connection so i disconnected, then took out a rubber boot or cover thing that was preventing my connector from fully connecting to the new sensor....

Then i put the code reader on and it reads 4 codes (the p0117 code reads twice on it for some reason) but im wondering if its where i have to drive it around for a while and they will go out or what....

Let me know if you have had this problem and what you did!

Thanks, PS new to the forum.

• Sponsors (?)

yea i cleared the P0117 code when it was the only code there was... but it came back up... so i let it be,... then when i had a minute, i unplugged the sensor and took out that gasket or whatever was blocking connection, and it plugged in correctly . then the code reader said i had these 4 codes.

Sorry i didnt realize i left that part out but im sure that was really important... should i just clear these 4 codes? i tried to i borrowed the code reader from advance auto but the store clerk wanted to hold the reader and use it and i think he did it wrong... so idk if i should just clear the codes, im pretty sure p1000 means itsa tattle tale code saying you cleared codes that werent fixed...