codes question

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
hey i had a few questions on the codes, my dad has a 67 coupe a code, we are trying to see what is different about the a code between the c code, ive heard that c does have about 205hp the a codes have about 230hp and the k codes have about 270hp, can someone please tell me what is different about them as engine internals ext. and also what code did the 390 motor come in? any replies would be great thanks alot

and maybe does anyone have pics of a 390 motor? we want to see the difference in sizes thanks alot its alright if u dont post any thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

C code 200 hp, A code 225hp, K code 271hp, S code (390) 320hp. The K code has solid lifters, higher compression heads, better cam, more free flowing air cleaner and exhaust, something about the valves ( I can't remember)maybe chrome plated stems. There are a few more things, suspension stuff was different and 9 inch rears. The C code is a 2 bbl carb and the A is a 4, also the heads must be a little different since the C code has 9.3:1 compression and the A is 9.8:1. The K code is 10.5:1.