Cold Bog Question?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I had this bog in my turbo FOX...that was there when cold and even when it warmed up thanks to Nick 84Ttop...he gave me some great info,,I took my Pro-M maf cleaned it re-installed it...car runs like a raped ape again...but i did notice the next day when the car was cold TEMP wise under 180 degrees the bog was there...once the car warmed up like 180 and above..it runs awesome again...any ideas what might be causing this?....i know it needs plugs...it has a brand new TPS,IAC, new wires,cap, rotor,coil.TFI module...just curious what might be causing this...Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

Bad ECT sensor would make that thing run all types of f'd up . I had that issue with mine it would have super high idle trying to make it get to temp, buck and surge and run horrible at cruise .

And that's one thing i love about the PMS. You can see all the sensors real time so it makes troubleshooting the car super easy. Be it 02 , ECT, ACT, Mass air voltage ETC . That thing maybe ancient technology but it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ok Jeff is that hard to replace and where should i order a new one from?
located in the heater tube that runs to the heater core right in the front . Takes 2 mins to change

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425474375.491793.jpg

That's the sensor

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, but there are times when a faulty ECT sensor wont show up in a code scan. So even if there are no ECT codes, its good practice to check the sensors resistance with a meter and compare them to stock values based on the current temperature.

Reactions: 1 users
I have no idea how old the ECT sesnor is for $20 bucks i figured i will replace it..everything else is new..TPS,IAC,cap,rotors,wires,TFI module,Coil,o2s, the only thing i didnt change was the spark plugs yet....