color codes?

akastones

May 3, 2004
Alrighty, I got a 2003 v6 and all I know about the color is that it's "metalic silver" (at least I think it is). I've gone through all the paperwork I got when I bought it and can't find the color code anywhere. So i got 2 questions for ya. 1) Is there a place online that lists all the color codes for each year and make of a mustang? 2) I was thinking about replacing my hood with a gt hood, is the silver for the 2003 v6 the exact same as the silver for the gt of the same year (or any years around it)? Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

um, shouldnt it be on the drivers side door listed directly above 'exterior color'
it should be YN, but i dont know where you would find the extended color... like normally there is a ~10 digit code so any shop would have the same paint... or not

as he said check your drivers side door panel on the sticker the color code should be there. also why do you want to replace the whole hood? just put the scoop on it, it's much easier....does more hurt than help but if you like the look, go for it. i'd call up the people at www.stangparts.com and ask them about that stuff they'll have a listing of what they have in what colors and can tell you the exact color also, because it most likely was produced for a few years.

Not ot mention, any shop that does paint will have books with the color chips in them for comparison. My FU/FW color code was really close to another color, and it was a good idea just to compare the two next to eachother.

ChrisYellowV6 said:
also why do you want to replace the whole hood? just put the scoop on it, it's much easier....does more hurt than help but if you like the look, go for it.

Because '03-'04 V6es got the '99/'01 Cobra hood.

I agree, that going out of your way to add a fake scoop that will do nothing but cause wind resistance is a rather silly idea(especially when the Cobra hood looks better), but whatever.

and this is an 01' cobra hood... in my garage... before we cleaned out the other side... lol
cobrahood1.jpg

(BLATANT SHAMELESS HUNTER PLUG)
yeah the guy who had my brothers car before him, and put like 5000 miles on it put that hood on it at ford, and the bullit scoops aswell...
01' cobra hood > 01' gt hood
lol

ChrisYellowV6 said:
i never said i didnt believe you, i just didnt realize that. i knew it was an option on an 02 becasue i have a regular v6 hood on mine and it's an 02, and i've seen 02's with the reverse scoop.

Wait. Who's not believing who and what now?!! :shrug:

I didn't even think the hood was an option. I thought it just popped up as standard equipment in '03.
Of course, we get wierd cars down here. Like we got the Pony Package in '01, while everyone else got it in '03. And we also got the Python, which was never even sold in any other state.