Converter Lockout

joey408w

Feb 17, 2007
SoFla
I'm trying to figure out how to add a switch to control the lockup on my converter. I know that it's controlled by the brake pedal- in overdrive if you tap the brakes it disengages the lockup. I was thinking that a signal from the brake light switch was the method, but I just looked at the pedal and there appears to be a vacuum line there. Is that what controls it?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

its significantly more complex than that. Why dont you just have a tuner adjust your lockup timing?
I spoke with Art Carr on the phone yesterday, he said it was fairly simple. I know it disengages when you touch the brake. I just have to find the right wire to add a SPST switch. I posted here because I thought I might find someone who's done it.

There are ALOT of things that can be adjusted in the factory computer. There is NO REASON to buy an aftermarket controller. All you really need is a tuner (person) to get into your computer and make the proper adjustments. You clearly already have a tune (since youve got a 408)... so why not just have the same person who tuned the car, make some transmission changes?

Attachments

• trans adjustments.jpg
    trans adjustments.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 118
There are ALOT of things that can be adjusted in the factory computer. There is NO REASON to buy an aftermarket controller. All you really need is a tuner (person) to get into your computer and make the proper adjustments. You clearly already have a tune (since youve got a 408)... so why not just have the same person who tuned the car, make some transmission changes?
Hm I'll be damned. So obd1 has that much "control" over the aode? The only obd1 experience I have w an auto is w an aod.