Coolant

Patriotu

Nov 6, 2016
Hello,i changed coolant on my 2008 gt and i put
SHELL ZONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE with bittering agent . CONCENTRATE.
Anybody has anyideea about this stuff ? I read a few infos on a forum after did the exchange but ...not very good about dex cool and stangs.I also had a few trips with the car. Hope didnt mess something!
And also planning to change sparkplugs. Any thoughts on this ?
Thank you !!

• Sponsors (?)

You need to get the correct coolant (Motorcraft Gold I believe, check with your dealer, Motorcraft also has a green formula and an orange formula), and flush that DexCool :poo: out immediately. DexCool is not compatible with any other coolant, and long-term it will have a chemical reaction with other coolants (even small amounts) that results in brown gunk in the cooling system.

Ford has a coolant that is orange like DexCool, but just because two coolants are similar in color doesn't mean they're compatible or even correct for the same applications. You should see what Toyota's reddish coolant and DexCool do in the same drain pan (it's like oil and water).

I DID THAT A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I ALREADY HAD A FEW RIDES. IT IS POSIBLE TO HAVE SOME TROUBLE ALREADY ?? I WILL FLUSH IT AS SOON AS I LL HAVE THE GOD ONE. BUT RIGHT NOW MY CONCERN IS THE INTEGRITY OF THE CAR.

Today i received the ford gold coolant from amazon.
So, after flushing the sistem whats the corect % mix do i have to refill, considering that a good amount of distilled water will remain in there ?
And also when flushing the sistem its correct to fill and drain in the same time and start the engine,until the water will be clear?

Flush the Dex-Cool mix out with water till it runs clear.

Then mix the Ford Gold 50/50 (yes you will still have some water in the block, your overall mix will end up at a bit less than 50/50, you should still be fine for protection in most parts of the world, but if it bothers you, mix it 60/40 to compensate) and fill it up, start the engine and wait on the thermostat to open, then top it off and put the cap on.

Hello,i changed coolant on my 2008 gt and i put
SHELL ZONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE with bittering agent . CONCENTRATE.
Anybody has anyideea about this stuff ? I read a few infos on a forum after did the exchange but ...not very good about dex cool and stangs.I also had a few trips with the car. Hope didnt mess something!
And also planning to change sparkplugs. Any thoughts on this ?
Thank you !!

On the spark plugs, run some 93 octane for a few takes with lucas fuel system cleaner. I did 3 tanks and mine came out clean, no deposits. That was at 10 years old and 83000 miles