Coyote Engine Scored Cylinder Wall

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the personal attack..desperate i guess..NOT ONE PIC of the heads next mag.....am I disgruntled...somewhat..do i have the number 8 issue..NO! I really like my car for the most part..but i do feel for my fellow mustang owners' who are dealing with this issue..however as a ford employee you take what a said and twisted it..I can't help but to point out again there are many unmodded mustangs losing their engine to this problem.. even some stealership are using 93 off the lot in fear.. i guess the 80's(mustang) for which had the real 5.0 in themhad very little issues in doubling it's horse power out put to over 400 plus without piston damage on old skool tech.. hey what about that piston slap of the 4.6 that 1000's had? the 5.0 heads are nothing like those 4.6 heads.

Pictures of the 5.0 from every imaginable angle, including clear pictures of water passages in the block and cylinder head for all to see: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_12.html

Vfast, you are obviously a bitter and disgruntled Mustang owner. Sell your car to someone who can appreciate it, buy a FWD import, sue the living daylight's out of Ford, and report back to us when you have won your lawsuit. Until, then- chill out, because you're gonna have a pretty long wait for that mailer to arrive in your mailbox giving you a free repair for something you modified having full knowledge of the consequences in regards to your warranty.

my dealership could not offer a 100k one..only a 75k one.. I ask 3 times when i bought mine(mustang) because this dealership with refund your money if you have no claims.. so on my f-150 i got all my money back then 7 k later is was toast..
I can't help but think that there is a deficiency if the 5.0 can't stand up to basic mods, especially mods that the 4.6 seem to handle with no problem. This especially a problem for the Mustang community since modding is a very big part of the Mustang ownership experience for most of us. Based on whats available through Ford Racing it seems that some one at Ford understands this but apparently some others don't . I'm not saying that Ford should still warranty modified cars, but In my opinion the engines should be able to stand up to them. The way you explained it the #8cyl failure makes sense to a point, but I still say that a bad tune should cause more widespread damage and a properly done tune should not cause any .So you are saying that if I trade my car in for a '13 and bring to a well known competent Mustang Tuner like say Evolution Performance a get a 30hp tune and CAI I run a greater risk then if I buy the Ford Racing 624HP supercharger kit? That's hard to swallow.
Vfasat are you saying that Ford no longer offers the 100K ESP on Mustangs? I hadn't heard that.

thanks for the personal attack..desperate i guess..NOT ONE PIC of the heads next mag.....am I disgruntled...somewhat..do i have the number 8 issue..NO! I really like my car for the most part..but i do feel for my fellow mustang owners' who are dealing with this issue..however as a ford employee you take what a said and twisted it..I can't help but to point out again there are many unmodded mustangs losing their engine to this problem.. even some stealership are using 93 off the lot in fear.. i guess the 80's(mustang) for which had the real 5.0 in themhad very little issues in doubling it's horse power out put to over 400 plus without piston damage on old skool tech.. hey what about that piston slap of the 4.6 that 1000's had? the 5.0 heads are nothing like those 4.6 heads.

Note: if you are going to try and make a point, you might want to learn some basic grammar first.

There are in fact several pictures of the cylinder heads at the link I posted. Here is a direct link to one picture: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_38.html, Here is a direct link to another picture: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...ord_mustang_gt_50_coyote_engine/photo_39.html.

The 80's Mustang which had the "real 5.0" in them as you say, was in fact actually 4.9 liters and smaller in displacement. I don't know why I really even need to state the obvious here because comparing those engines is not an apples to apples comparison in the least. The "old skool tech", "real 5.0" did not have 11.0:1 compression, it didn't even have 9.8:1 compression which the 4.6 3-valve's had. They also did not have TiVCT on them.

Lastly, if you had taken the time to actually read my post, I never stated or implied any where that the 5.0 heads have anything in common with 4.6 heads. I stated, if the 4.6 had the same features as the 5.0, it would have the same concern with everything else being the same except for the displacement of the two engines.

I cannot respond to anything else you posted, because I cannot honestly make any sense out of any other point you were trying to make.

I never compared the 4.6 with the 5.0. I see your grabbing at straws with your grammer thing
anyways the water passage is the issue plain and simply. What is funny GM did the 4 cam as well and with issues it went back to the old skool engine
The trucks with the 5.0 and lower compression ( 10.5) isn't having much issues

... even some stealership are using 93 off the lot in fear.. .. hey what about that piston slap of the 4.6 that 1000's had?

Assuming your grammar was perfect, can you be anymore detailed in explaining what specifically you are referring to in the comments as shown above, for not just myself, but anyone else out there reading that might be curious?

Anything GM or any other manufacturer is doing is completely irrelevant to this discussion as it relates to any aspect of the new 5.0, and other Ford engines for that matter.

Is Ford voiding the just the power train warranty in cases like this or the entire bumper to bumper warranty? Does the cust have the option of paying for the repair and the cost of returning the car to stock and keeping the warranty? Vfast if your dealership is not offering 100k ESP warranties of Mustangs they are depriving themselves of revenue.They are losing both the mark up on the sale of the warranty itself as well a s the revenue generated by warranty repairs, since Ford pays the dealership to perform warranty work. So I think you info may be off on this.

The powertrain warranty is voided, not the entire bumper to bumper warranty. The customer is more that welcome to pay to have the engine repaired. A complete replacement engine assy. has at least a 12/12 warranty I know for sure. I think it might be 24/24 - but I'd have to check into that to be certain.

I think it's pretty clear.. Could you be clear on the question as to what you need explained?
Oh and the GM thing is relevant. Try looking as it as a 4 cams comparison and head design! Seems you can't see the design flaw in the head, that's to bad.
Assuming your grammar was perfect, can you be anymore detailed in explaining what specifically you are referring to in the comments as shown above, for not just myself, but anyone else out there reading that might be curious?

Anything GM or any other manufacturer is doing is completely irrelevant to this discussion as it relates to any aspect of the new 5.0, and other Ford engines for that matter.

Assuming (hypothetically speaking of course) there is in a fact "a serious design flaw on the 5.0 that causes #8 cylinder to run hot resulting in engine failure, and unmodified engines are having the same problem also" to paraphrase you and that you are correct, then why don't you ever hear about these engines having blown head gasket problems, or overheating problems which would be the precursor to a blown head gasket? Or are you going to suggest that they also have this problem as well?

If there were in fact a serious design flaw, or any other reason for that matter that caused one cylinder run substantially hotter than the others, the 1st problem you would see is a blown head gasket. I have 26 years experience doing this professionally to back me up on this one.

I'm not here to be a blue oval flag waving patriot that will never concede Ford has zero issues on any vehicle. I will let any person know truthfully and honestly what issues and concerns are out there on any year and model if they ask. I am just telling the truth while being realistic about it.

I'm a mechanic for over 30 years..on this issues the piston just gets the hell beat out of it from detonation now if these were a forge piston then a HG might leak. Ford isn't going to do any recalls because i'm sure there will be less than 10% failure. I not a ford hater hell i have 6 mustangs and an f-150 in the garages .LOL but i waited on this 5.0 car since 1993 when the last one rolled out. But after my f-150 issue i/m done with ford trucks. as why my DD is a nissan frontier crew.. I can e-mail you the picture of the heads in question. It will be plain as day.