Fuel Cracked Fuel Rail Crossover

While driving my 95 GTS 5.0L a week ago last Saturday, I started smelling raw gas. I searched but couldn't find any fuel leaks. Learned today that the factory fuel rail crossover line is cracked and has been spraying fuel directly at the distributor. Has anyone else needed to replace their crossover, and if so, which brand of crossover line did you use and why? Did the aftermarket line fit your factory fuel rails, or did you have to replace those as well?
Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Kerry

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I found this... instructions for installing an aftermarket intake manifold which requires cutting & removing the crossovers.

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/300/350/350-3886.pdf

They provide some push lock fuel line (2 ft., 1/4" I.D.) which apparently slips onto the barbs (lubricate with silicon or white grease) and requires no clamps -- to replace the crossovers once they've been cut.

There are probably other ways to skin the cat - nylon fuel hose, getting some rails from the junkyard, or upgrading to aftermarket rails.

I don't think most of the aftermarket crossovers (AN fittings) will fit the stock rails.

I found this... instructions for installing an aftermarket intake manifold which requires cutting & removing the crossovers.

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/300/350/350-3886.pdf

They provide some push lock fuel line (2 ft., 1/4" I.D.) which apparently slips onto the barbs (lubricate with silicon or white grease) and requires no clamps -- to replace the crossovers once they've been cut.

There are probably other ways to skin the cat - nylon fuel hose, getting some rails from the junkyard, or upgrading to aftermarket rails.

I don't think most of the aftermarket crossovers (AN fittings) will fit the stock rails.
Thank you Jozsefsz. Good info. After closer inspection this afternoon, I've come to the conclusion that the aftermarket crossovers will not fit the stock fuel rails. I'll have to check into just using some push lock fuel line to replace the cracked line, or possibly upgrading the rails might be the better option.

Kerry

Yes sir indeed, damn near cost me my whole car. What I did was remove the fuel rails ( 4 small bolts ) and take them in to a hydraulic hose shop. They fit me up with some push fit hose from Parker. Didnt need any additional fittings or clamps, as it is high quality hose designed specifically for fuel injection and because they were such a short pieces needed, they didnt even charge me a dime. While my car was an 89, my fuel rails were from a 94/95 as they flow a bit more. Make sure you replace both the front and rear sections while you're at it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for bringing up the awesome memories @84Ttop

Yes sir indeed, damn near cost me my whole car. What I did was remove the fuel rails ( 4 small bolts ) and take them in to a hydraulic hose shop. They fit me up with some push fit hose from Parker. Didnt need any additional fittings or clamps, as it is high quality hose designed specifically for fuel injection and because they were such a short pieces needed, they didnt even charge me a dime. While my car was an 89, my fuel rails were from a 94/95 as they flow a bit more. Make sure you replace both the front and rear sections while you're at it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for bringing up the awesome memories @84Ttop
I figured that you had some useful input here, didn't mean to set 3 months worth of flash backs off for you...

Reactions: 1 user