Cranks, But Won't Turn Over Spout Problem ??

John long

Aug 27, 2016
New to stangnet, I have a 95 GT. Iv had it checked out by multiple mechanics and they cannot figure it out. I have fuel and spark. One of the mechanics recommended a new spout connector. So i bought a new one. Sometimes it will start sometimes it won't. But every time I take my spout connector out, it starts right up. No issues. And when I put it back and start drive it will die, and then I will drive it without it. Kind of stuck. Im thinking a wiring problem somewhere in that connection. Or could it be the timing is off ? Any advice will help, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The timing could be off, especially if the balancer has gone bad and the degree markings have shifted. It's also possible the PIP in the distributor has gone bad (or its peer the TFI ignition module). Removing the spout causes the ignition to ignore the signal from the magnetic pickup. These are the 3 most common ignition-related problems with our cars. None of them throw a check-engine-light, and they're often intermittent (especially if the engine gets hot).

The timing could be off, especially if the balancer has gone bad and the degree markings have shifted. It's also possible the PIP in the distributor has gone bad (or its peer the TFI ignition module). Removing the spout causes the ignition to ignore the signal from the magnetic pickup. These are the 3 most common ignition-related problems with our cars. None of them throw a check-engine-light, and they're often intermittent (especially if the engine gets hot).
I do get an engine light if the spout is in. But when its out, iv never seen it.