Engine Crankshafts

timjimmy

Jul 7, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I've been rolling around the idea of possibly stroking my '06 GT, and if not, at least strengthening my rotating assembly. I'm sitting on around 425 hp NA and would like to eventually supercharge or spray it as well as increase engine speed to around 7500 RPM. Either choice would include H - beam rods, the lightest, reasonably priced forged pistons I can find, and upgraded rings, but I haven't figured out if I need a forged or cast crank. Something I've considered is a cast Scat 9000 series crank, or something similar. Has anyone had any long term experience running an aftermarket cast crank on a stock blocked, 550-650 hp engine?

• Sponsors (?)

Never mind, I did some more research and these expectations are wildly unrealistic. I miss small block Chevys!
Just how, in your opinion, are these "expectations wildly unrealistic"? Is it due to financial considerations, or is it due to availability of the "correct" components to make this happen? :shrug:

I know, it just aggravates me how quality parts are so much more expensive. That and I wish Ford had stuck with the 351. As they say, there is no replacement for displacement. Do you have any details on that 5.3?