Crazed Radio Dial!!

CoosawJack

Feb 11, 2016
If any of you have experienced the cracked looking lens on the radio I fixed mine yesterday....took about 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours was getting the plexi-glass cut!!

Attachments

• Radio Dial.jpg
    Radio Dial.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)

There has been some with the haze problem. Ford was fixing them if the car was still under warranty. My display still looks good. There was a guy on another forum that had tinted glass replacements but no longer sells them. I bought one just in case mine develops a problem. Another issue with the OEM display lens is that it is made of a very soft material and scratches easily. I never touch mine and use a super soft makeup brush with compressed air to clean.

My car had this problem when I bought it from the previous owner. I thought my only option was to buy a whole new display. What did you do to replace yours?

Simply remove the display unit and take the crazed lens off....it is glued to the mounting frame but can be worked off!!
Have a piece of smoked plexiglass, lexan or glass cut to fit and stick it back in the frame......re-install....DONE!!