Crown-vic Brake Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

ok cool. The master cylinder's responsible for the front too hence the "master" in master cylinder I'm assuming? If so why wouldn't i be able to use the one that's already there? Cuz of the new lines?

ok cool. The master cylinder's responsible for the front too hence the "master" in master cylinder I'm assuming? If so why wouldn't i be able to use the one that's already there? Cuz of the new lines?

Because master cylinders are sized for all 4 brakes, and drum brakes require MUCH less fluid to operate than disks due to smaller cylinder diameter.

So if you change from drums to disks, you need a different MC

Oh hell... Sorry, I didn't see your post. I've been up to my eyeballs in trying to get some server issues resolved. I see that 5L5 got ya though. :nice:

yeah. Thanks guys. Still waiting for crownvic.net to "approve" my membership. Whatever that means. Need a new rear axel so i need to know how many splines the differential has before i order it, and i don't wanna take the thing apart just to count them.