Cylinder Head Smog Plugs

• Sponsors (?)

Plugging Smog Hole (thermactor plug) 5/8-11

Trick flow sells them as TFS-51400265 or spark plug works also, or Ford part # F4ZZ-6E086-A head inserts.
Trick Flow Specialties TFS-51400265 - Trick Flow® Small Block Ford Thermactor Plugs - Overview - SummitRacing.com
The threaded hole beside it uses a 7/16-14 bolt if you want to put a plate over the hole instead of buying the plug.

Best price for the Thermactor plug
SBF FORD Cyl. Head Smog Port Plugs (Thermactor)

Forte's Parts Connection (508) 875-0016 - TREMEC DEALER, FACTORY FIVE COBRA PARTS, FORD RACING PARTS, FFR MKI and MKII, MUSTANG PARTS, TRANSMISSIONS, T-56, T-5, TKO, TR-3550

Reactions: 1 user
x2 on the trickflow plugs. they are nice because they still have 7/16 threads on the inside so you could bolt something to it if you had to.

Okay. Can someone help me with this? I have a '67 (off the assembly line in San Jose 12-1967) with a 289. It has the thermactor I would like to remove. All I'm seeing in the forums regarding the plugs involve four holes along the "rails". I'm guessing what I have is an earlier system because mine only has two holes needing to be plugged, one on the driver side towards the back of the head but still on the side, and the second one on the passenger side towards the front of the head but still on the side. I got the plugs that everyone talks about, but they don't fit. Does someone know the system I have and what I need to plug those holes up with??

Thank you.