Decal Removal

Tatanko

Jun 21, 2005
Hey guys, my friend has a '95 Mustang V6 and I was wondering how to remove the dealer sticker and the decals at the bottom on the side of the car that say MUSTANG on them. (the ones that run along the bottom of the door)

Is a hair dryer and goo gone good enough?

• Sponsors (?)

zincyellow03 said:
I agree with andy. Goo Gone might be too harsh on the paint.

Alright, we'll try the rubbing alcohol in the morning. Thanks guys :D

Hey, while I have this thread going, I have another question to ask those familiar with detailing. There are some weird swirl marks (not the scratch on the paint kind of swirl marks, but almost like dried soap residue) on the hood and rear bumper. We think we know who the previous owner was, and believe they lived in the woods and that the spots might be from tree sap. Could be we right? How could we get rid of these spots? The car has already had a very thorough wash/wax.

Wash your car with dawn to remove the wax. Then get yourself a claybar from the auto store(go with the cheapest one since there isn't a difference in brands). Once you wash your car with dawn, that should get off the wax. Then take your claybar(make sure you spray the area with the claybar spray before you use it because if you work on it dry it might scratch your paint) and go over the area and it should take it off. If you want more info visit this site: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html

If it looks like dried soap, it might be water that sat on your car for too long, causing it to etch into the paint. To get rid of this try buffing it out really good with some wax? I'm not sure what you can really do for that though. The wax should make it less noticeable.

worked v6 said:
...Oh wait! One more thing you can try....THE SEARCH BUTTON !

Umm, I did actually, and I didn't find anything useful. I've been on tons of car forums, I know to search before posting. So please, follow what nbrey said :rolleyes:

BTW guys, the hair dryer and alcohol method worked great. Here's a picture we took with everything off but the letters "TANG." We actually left it that way and drove around for a bit and people gave us weird looks :p (we took it off then eventually though).

View attachment 511356

Tatanko said:
Umm, I did actually, and I didn't find anything useful. I've been on tons of car forums, I know to search before posting. So please, follow what nbrey said :rolleyes:

I'm sure that you had tried it before. Just ask around... to anybody on the V6 forums and they'll tell you that most of the newbies and even some of the regulars have posted threads that could've been easily answerd by useing the search button. ...But anyway, like I said before, take it easy. Between me, Zinc, Andy, '66, Stangfanatic, and a few others have a wierd sense of humor. You'll get used to it. :rolleyes:

...And welcome to stangnet... Don't know if anybody has said that yet.

worked v6 said:
...Oh wait! One more thing you can try....THE SEARCH BUTTON !
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
NICE JOB WORKED V6!

nbrey said:
:stupid: you really need to shut up about the search button

do you own the board? :rolleyes:
Yes! He does own the board! :D :owned:

One other thing you should know Worked V6 and I are always ragging on people to use the search button.

zincyellow03 said:
That's great! Wow, you have one of the very rare, Tang edition. I envy you.
Yeah! Six big orangutangs hide in the trunk and when another car gets to close, at the push of a button by the driver located on the dash, the trunk pops open and the orangutangs commence to throw powdered Tang mix at the other driver to blind him :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments guys. Oh, and, no harm done Worked V6 :D

I'll probably be on here from time to time asking around for stuff for my friend. He's not real into cars, but still likes to do stuff to his car.

Personally, I'm real into cars and always learning. I drive a '95 Nissan Maxima SE.

AndyG47 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
NICE JOB WORKED V6!

Yes! He does own the board! :D :owned:

One other thing you should know Worked V6 and I are always ragging on people to use the search button.

...That's right and don't forget it! :chair:

:worship: Your supream leaders- :worship:

Worked V6
Zincyellow03
AndyG47
'66coupe
Stangfanatic98

:hail2: ...And of course your all powerfull MODERATORS!!! :hail2:

77Sleeper
Lsredy2kstang

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :lol: ...I've got to much time on my hands. J/K :D

Tatanko said:
Thanks for the comments guys. Oh, and, no harm done Worked V6 :D

I'll probably be on here from time to time asking around for stuff for my friend. He's not real into cars, but still likes to do stuff to his car.

Personally, I'm real into cars and always learning. I drive a '95 Nissan Maxima SE.

Hey, it happens. Not every one can be perfect and drive a stang. :rolleyes:

AndyG47 said:
Yeah! Six big orangutangs hide in the trunk and when another car gets to close, at the push of a button by the driver located on the dash, the trunk pops open and the orangutangs commence to throw powdered Tang mix at the other driver to blind him :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD! ...I wan't that mod! How much is it?, that would be big pimpin. :rlaugh: