Deleted EGR and now have throttle linkage issues, how did you fix it?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I was putting together the car today and deleted the EGR (replaced it with a 3/8" delete plate) and I now have some problems.

The throttle cable/linkage is going to be kinked if I could bolt it to the new location, because the delete plate is much slimmer (binding the long throttle cable as I push it more towards the driver side).

My delete plate has holes for the two bolts that bolt the throttle bracket down, but no threads. How did you guys bolt it up?

75mm TB.

Thanks for any assistance.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same issues at one time. When i used the plate, the throttle linkage would actually get caught on the heater tubes on top of the manifold. That could spell disaster if the throttle got stuck open!!!

I'm not saying it won't work, and can't be done, but I ended up ditching the 3/8 plate and putting my EGR spacer back on. They make a plate that covers the hole on the EGR spacer where the EGR valve bolted up. This keeps the throttle linkage at the stock location.

This is what I used, and it's less than $10:

86-93:

[URL="http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-egr-delete-86.html"[/URL]

I bolted the throttle body directly to the intake, and made a custom bracket (out of bent aluminum) for the throttle cable, that bolted to the long throttle body bolt holes. I used bolts and nuts to bolt the throttle cable assembly to the bracket. Haven't had any issues with it, but I had also deleted the heater tubes and used 5/8 and 3/4 heater hose instead.