Disappointed With Ford

Shelbysmom

Dec 24, 2014
I have an 06 GT Premium with just under 60k miles. From what I have read here and other sources online, this is the worst model that they have ever produced.......and Ford is/has done nothing to fix the issues.
So far, I have had the following issues.......

Replace outer tie rods
Replace lower ball bearings
Replace battery at least 4 times because it keeps getting drained. Finally pulled the radio fuse since that seemed to be another common problem and fix. But then, I can't listen to the radio.
Door trim is completely falling off.
Paid extra for the "paint protection package" since I was living at the coastline at the time. It seems to have done more harm than good- no matter how many times I wash/wax it- it looks very dull. And the paint down in the seams around the back window has completely come off and is rusting.
Gas gauge, both electronic and needle gauges are wrong!
Those are just the things I can remember off the top of my head. I probably missed something.

What the heck! I know the car is 9 years old now, but with the low miles- I should not have had to replace the hub assembly. And all the cosmetic and electrical issues????????

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 06 GT Premium with just under 60k miles. From what I have read here and other sources online, this is the worst model that they have ever produced.......and Ford is/has done nothing to fix the issues.
So far, I have had the following issues.......

Replace outer tie rods
Replace lower ball bearings
Replace battery at least 4 times because it keeps getting drained. Finally pulled the radio fuse since that seemed to be another common problem and fix. But then, I can't listen to the radio.
Door trim is completely falling off.
Paid extra for the "paint protection package" since I was living at the coastline at the time. It seems to have done more harm than good- no matter how many times I wash/wax it- it looks very dull. And the paint down in the seams around the back window has completely come off and is rusting.
Gas gauge, both electronic and needle gauges are wrong!
Those are just the things I can remember off the top of my head. I probably missed something.

What the heck! I know the car is 9 years old now, but with the low miles- I should not have had to replace the hub assembly. And all the cosmetic and electrical issues????????

Holy crap... That's quite a list. I used to have an 06 Vert and haven't encountered all of the issues that you have.

The only reason we got rid of it was because we moved into the snow belt and needed something AWD.

You've at least come to the right place to figure out what can be done with these issues. When you have the chance... Can you post up pics of the window?

In the meantime, I'm going to move this over to the S197 forums.

Replacing the battery because it gets drained from a power draw is not going to accomplish much except spending money on batteries that could have gone to fixing the real issue, the battery drain. Fix the problem, not the symptom. Is this car completely stock? If so, you may have legitimate complaints. I worked at a Ford dealership a year or so ago, and the only issue the 06' Mustangs had was a slow fill of the gas tank, that was fixed with a new fuel filler neck. Otherwise if was just normal wear/tear that all vehicles see, such as brakes, tires, oil changes, occasional alternator, but that was about it. Come to think about it, I did replace a fuel pump in one that had an intermittent stalling/no start issue.