Disconnecting Audio System

candi9699

Jan 16, 2015
Hi ! I'm new here. I have a 2000 GT convertible with the mach 460 sound system. About a year ago my mechanic disconnected one of my rear speaker amps because it was draining my battery. Coincidentally at the same time, my remote start stopped working. I also currently have a leaky top and i think it shorted out the other amp. The radio currently sounds like a transistor radio. I've watched videos about removing the back seat to get to the speaker amps. If i disconnect the other amp, what else do I need to disconnect to completely shut down the power the sound system draws. Oh - there's also a 6 cd changer in the trunk which I'd like to get rid of. I'm going to get the top fixed in about a month so not having a radio isn't a big deal for now. I just bought a new car and this will be my weekend car instead of my everyday car since it has over 200k on it now. Runs great other than this battery problem - even if I start it every day and let it run for 20 minutes or take it out for a short drive , after a few days it won't start. The alternator , starter and battery were replaced last winter. I am also looking for one of those battery chargers/maintainers( any suggestions? ) . The car will be kept outdoors. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)