Distributor Rotor Stuck

mredwards0421

Nov 13, 2014
I am in the process of replacing the Distributor Cap and Rotor and the rotor is stuck in place. Im not sure when the last time was that the rotor/cap where replaced but from the looks of them it seems that it has been a while.

My question is do i just need to pry it out, or is there some method or step that i am missing?

From what i understood i just needed to remove the rotor and the other drops right in.

• Sponsors (?)

buy whatever old style non DEX coolant is on sale- 50/50 mix. NO water wetter or other crap. You will need to make sure all the air is out of the system. You can do this a couple of ways- put the car so the front end is up higher or what I do, get a lisle funnel for $25 and make your life easier.

buy whatever old style non DEX coolant is on sale- 50/50 mix. NO water wetter or other crap. You will need to make sure all the air is out of the system. You can do this a couple of ways- put the car so the front end is up higher or what I do, get a lisle funnel for $25 and make your life easier.

Think about what happens when the engine gets hot and then cools down. The coolant heats up and pushes excess coolant into the overflow tank. When it cools down, the resultant vacuum inside the radiator sucks the coolant out of the overflow tank back into the radiator. That vacuum collapses any air bubbles and fills the radiator with coolant from the overflow tank. Moral of the story; keep the overflow tank filled with coolant and your coolant problems will be minimized.