do you recommend any dashkit online vendors....?

v6ceez

Jun 11, 2003
S. Fla
Zup peeps, thinking about getting some black carbon fiber kit for my dash. I've been searching some websites and they all have different prices but litterally the same ammnt of pieces. I am looking into nycdashes.com , 136 bucks for a basic 12 pice kit. On the other hand, a local car shop here in miami, fl was selling 18 pieces for 380 bucks!!! what the heck? why such difference...makes me not trust the online store...

have you purchased any kits online? how was your experience and materials?

thkz for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

I would check on that because some of the kits are just tape you put on over the pieces. I would try to find a kit that actually gives you the pieces because it would look a lot better than tape.

they say 'real wood' and then if one of your pieces is messed up, you send it back so they can match the GRAIN of the wood as closely as they can, so its seems there the real deal... i dont want crappy vinyl stickers is all! (my side stripe and bumper inserts are vinyl, but they look good! lol

W00t, i just got my samples, and might i say i am reasonably impressed
the brushed aluminum is as think as a penny(while half of that size is taken up by the adhesive on the opposite side, so thin that it is flexible), while the carbon fiber is thicker than a nickel by quite a few nanometers.
both samples were an inch an a quarter long ovals. they are both stuck on the paper really good, (i couldnt get them off if i tried without ripping the paper)
i dont know if i ever got one of these kits if i would get the 'real brushed aluminum' because i think it would look too 'bling bling' but the carbon fiber, IMO looks really sweet, and i thinck it would look pretty stock, not too out there if you know what i mean. any other q's that would be able to be answered by 2 samples just ask... the postage on the envelope was an amazing 60 cents.