Does 331 stroker block need notching

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you will have to notch for a 331. Not for the rods to clear but for the rod bolts to clear. 2 of my friends are building 331s right now and I kept telling them that they will have to have the block notched, but I never saw it in person. I always heard on here that you have to notch it. Well one of them wanted to see for him self and thats when we saw it. So, thats getting done right now.

215816_66_full.jpg

Here's a pic of a 331ci motor I just build for a customer, Scat 9000 series cast crank, Scat 4340 I beams, Probe SRS pistons, E'brock alum heads, RPM manifold, ATI P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler, custom cam, etc... You cvan see the slight notches I had to make to the cylinders, minimum clearance should be .060", I prefer to go .080"-.100"

I agree if your going into a stock block go with the cast assembly and save your self some cash. Give Brian a shout a [email protected] tell him Rick Hawver sent you ;)

Here's a pic showing a SRP/JE 5cc flat top and SCAT 4340 H-beam rod and a Probe SRS 12.5cc dish and a SCTA 4340 I-beam
215816_67_full.jpg