Does this work well together

• Sponsors (?)

matm347 said:
The Holly seems to be a better all around intake than the track, but that combo will work well.

U got the Holley? If so hows the low end ? A big reason why I didnt get the Holley was One, the money.. I didnt have the money at the time.. Plus I heard thats a great pulling intake on top but the low end would be affected.. I got an s trim w/ 373 gears an a aluminum flywheel, not too worried about the top end. But i wanted the best low end stuff possible..

What about the performer RPM, my buddy has one on his 331/T-trim combo with AFR 185's, runs good. RPM can be had for around $460 and you can pull the valve covers with the upper on if need be. His low end isnt the best, but he has 72# injectors and a hi-rev AFM cam, plus the car is untuned.

Yeah same thing with the RPM, those intakes are great in the upper but lack hardcore in the lower.. I figure w/ my supercharger my top end isnt going to be hurting at all, plus that intake makes decent #'s .. Just wanted to see if anyone else is running that combo or knows someone who is ?

93cobra12 said:
U got the Holley? If so hows the low end ? A big reason why I didnt get the Holley was One, the money.. I didnt have the money at the time.. Plus I heard thats a great pulling intake on top but the low end would be affected.. I got an s trim w/ 373 gears an a aluminum flywheel, not too worried about the top end. But i wanted the best low end stuff possible..

I have a TFS R with a 1" spacer to go with my higher rpm stroker.
But all of the dyno results show the Holley to have the best curve, which combines the max torque of bunch, with the max HP of the several intakes they tested.

The RPM would go well with 185s also. If you want a better low end, make sure you mention this when you order your cam(custom would be the best)
adding a spacer would help as well, I noticed a difference when I put mine on.

My car comes alive around 3800, I plan on getting a custom cam soon which will help my curve quite a bit.

With your S-trim you'll want to match your curve to the point your boost comes in....for a better low end(non-boost) go with higher compression(less than 10.5:1) and less boost.