Dome Light?

nickpic

Advanced Member
Jul 5, 2009
Stony Point NY
need a dome light for a 92 mustang WITH SUNROOF. anyone selling one or know where i can find one?

Or can someone atleast share a pic of what it looks like. I can't find one listed for my car anywhere. When I got it there was no dome light but I found the plug above the head liner and I can feel the void in the headliner where the dome light gets mounted.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like it is the same as hatch light. Anyway, this is it. Found it on eBay, and yeah that's expensive
18b17eeacc7345951c50b97000596f53.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Yup. You just angle it into the hole to clear the electrical plug and the tight fit is what keeps it in place.

If you have a hatchback, you can just borrow the one out bsck until you get another

Anyone know what tells the hatch light for a 92 to come on? There is no switch, there isn't even one listed on sites for my year. The plug for my light has power on it even with hatch and all doors shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the hatch not turn it on? My buddy has a 88 and its mounted near the striker

They changed latches after 91 I think. I have a different latch them him. His has a flat plate that depresses the button when u close the hatch. My latch does not have that. I can't figure out why my dome ckt works correctly but no the hatch.

That's why I was wondering what should turn it on and off. The car has been hacked up electrically so it may be something one of the PO's did too. Been slowly cleaning it up

Does the hatch not turn it on? My buddy has a 88 and its mounted near the striker

They changed latches after 91 I think. I have a different latch them him. His has a flat plate that depresses the button when u close the hatch. My latch does not have that. I can't figure out why my dome ckt works correctly but no the hatch.

That's why I was wondering what should turn it on and off. The car has been hacked up electrically so it may be something one of the PO's did too. Been slowly cleaning it up

The hatch does as well. I have a switch right next to the latch on mine.

One switch on each door near the hinge, and one in the hatch by the striker. When any of those three is opened, the dome and hatch light both come on.

Also, the dimmer next to the steering will will turn on both lights as well.

Also, on the 87-89 cars, there are two bulb sockets under the dash that never received bulbs from the factory. They also come on with the dome/hatch light

Reactions: 1 user
The hatch does as well. I have a switch right next to the latch on mine.

One switch on each door near the hinge, and one in the hatch by the striker. When any of those three is opened, the dome and hatch light both come on.

Also, the dimmer next to the steering will will turn on both lights as well.

Also, on the 87-89 cars, there are two bulb sockets under the dash that never received bulbs from the factory. They also come on with the dome/hatch light

What year is yours?