Dominator Ecu, Holley Cow

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
As one or two may know I melted a couple pistons about 5 years ago on the strip right after having it dyno tuned. I ditched my AFM PMS at that poing. Sense then life and work have kept me pretty busy.

I bought a holley dominator EFI system about 3 years ago. I wanted something with more safeguards and that could almost tune itself. After 3 years of excuses I took some time off work, sent the kid to the babysitter and have been working on the car.

This has been probably the biggest project I have done on this car. Because of the remote TFI module I couldn't buy a plug and play harness for the ignition. I think it took me a day of looking for and at three different schematics to come up with a new schematic to wire in the ignition with the MSD box, remote TFI and distributor.

This ECU has a crazy amount of options for inputs, outputs, and parameters you can edit which is good. But if you don't buy either GM or Holley sensors you get to figure out the parameters on the sensors. Anybody know of a good reference guide for any of the stock parameters? I am almost to the point to where I can hook up my laptop to the system to see what I have screwed up.

After I get all the parameters in place and get it going I get to add a whole new ball of wax to this. The boost control setup they recommend is two boost controller solenoids teed together along with a dome pressure sensor. At this point I will be doing the plumbing and wiring for all of this but it will be 100% up to the tuner to configure it. That's hoping that there aren't other tuning issues that arise on the dyno.

I am to that point with this car that if the tune looks good I'm taking it to 25 psi. I want to see that legendary quad number it the screen.

I'm tired of being that guy who says wait till my car is finished.

• Sponsors (?)